need clutching help or gearing help to beat xp???

chucky39

Reaction score
Hey polaris lovers out there, I need help on gearing or clutching my 09 800 iq, I have been racing a buddy with a new xp do, who says he is stock{which I'am not sure} but he seems to be beating me everytime, It is about a sled length. My machine is stock except for the can, so any help would be greatly appricieated. Also It is a 800 shift rmk...thanks!

ps I need bragging rights

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carl's clutch kit will make the machine a different beast. It is the same guy who makes one of the 660 kits for the polaris 600's. He should have no problem hooking ya up with something that will work, 208-853-5550.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wait. The doo will break. :p

x2,

n597500950_452773_4361.jpg

Paininthe#$%

Reaction score
You could gear down in the chain case. It will effect you top speed but depending on how far you are dragging gearing down will improve acceleration.

chucky39

Reaction score
I really don't want to gear down a whole bunch, because i am topping out about 80mph, I called carls clutch kits and they are sending me out a new helix, which they say it will help. The doo isn't beating me by much, I think he is just hooking up better then me off the line, because once we take off i seem to reel him in pretty fast, just run out of top end. But Thanks for the info! and yeah they do break. lol

Helix is 62-42 what do you think???

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you cant beat em join em:d

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey polaris lovers out there, I need help on gearing or clutching my 09 800 iq, I have been racing a buddy with a new xp do, who says he is stock{which I'am not sure} but he seems to be beating me everytime, It is about a sled length. My machine is stock except for the can, so any help would be greatly appricieated. Also It is a 800 shift rmk...thanks!

ps I need bragging rights

what track length we talkin here?

chucky39

Reaction score
no he is actually longer he has a 153 16inch wide. Unless he has some modifcations he is not telling us about! I really don't think he does because he is not that guy, he really has know idea....but who knows?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MY 08 stock 700 rmk has seen 86 mph and i can show the max speed on the speedo to prove it, and i was beside a 08 renegade and it he said he was going 93. And my 86 mph on my rmk feels way faster so it could be going closer to 90, how is yours smaller lug, shorter track more hp sled only able to go 80? I would also like to know a clutching trick for my 700 to pull my arms off, its quick off the line but that 800 renagade would catwalk 3 feet in the air all the way to 100 instantly, and my 700 felt doggy after riding the doo.

chucky39

Reaction score
I went riding the other night and my max speed said 87mph, I don't know how accurate that is or what. But I think i will try that helix i have comming and see what happens with that... they said i should get more mid range, so we will see. The racing is pretty close, I actually think he is just beating me off the line, so maybe I will put more miles on and let the sled break in, before doing too much more. We are heading to Golden Sunday so we will see who is the top dog there lol

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went riding the other night and my max speed said 87mph, I don't know how accurate that is or what. But I think i will try that helix i have comming and see what happens with that... they said i should get more mid range, so we will see. The racing is pretty close, I actually think he is just beating me off the line, so maybe I will put more miles on and let the sled break in, before doing too much more. We are heading to Golden Sunday so we will see who is the top dog there lol

A buddy of mine with a 800 155 put in a diff helix and runs 0-3000 ft weights and he says he can easily clean 146 xp's so hopfully the helix does the same for you.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You Polaris guys are hilarious. I think that I will come here more often. This is the funniest topic I have read for a long time.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You Polaris guys are hilarious. I think that I will come here more often. This is the funniest topic I have read for a long time.

Ic how it is, haha, could always just wait for a pinecone to come along...
my 600 was out in front all weekend again, pics to prove...

011709_165300.jpg

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on, I like a good pic with another sled being pulled other than the brand that you ride. It made my day. The more I ride and view other brands on the hill the more I realize that we are all the same deep down, ie skis, track, no matter what the sticker says. Hope the rides stay good for the rest of the riding season. :beer::d:d

Top Bottom