Need advice: road trip pointers. Revelstoke to Washougal for AMA nationals

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys (and gals)

Im leaving thursday after work to drive down to Washougal to see some real live AMA Motocross. Ive never been so im pretty Super-Pumped.

Im crossing the boarder in abbottsford, then driving down through seattle, then on to portland (pretty much). What i would love are the following

- Has anyone ever been to Washougal for a national? tell me some good stuff about what you did there.
- I would love to spend some of friday in portland. anyone know of anything awesome to do there?
- on the way back sunday I would love to see or do some excellent stuff in Seattle. anyone have any tips?

Im not rushing this trip cause i have 5 days to do it. so any and all tips would be great.

THANKS GUYS!!!!! (and gals!)

Johnny

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Johnny,

Never been to the Nationals but while in Portland go to Distillery Row. I heard Portland has the largest concentration of microbreweries in the US and you can tour them as well. Went there several years ago.

As for Seattle, Space Needle would be one but, we just went during spring break and did a tour of the Boeing Plant in Everett. That was awesome!!! Fisherman's wraf is another place to see.

Have fun!

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i read somewhere they have small theatres in portland where you get to taste all the current beers the micro's are serving currently while you watch your movie. THAT sounds excellent to me!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes they have them. I never went inside but did see them. I also heard Portland has the most stripper clubs per capita in the US, wife did not want to go though :(

i read somewhere they have small theatres in portland where you get to taste all the current beers the micro's are serving currently while you watch your movie. THAT sounds excellent to me!

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boeing Plant at Everett is a must and the underground at Seattle is simply awesome as well. The underground is usually very overlooked.

Top Bottom