Need Advice Please - Buying An 09 D8 With Fix Kit

rugbynitro

Reaction score
Hoping you guys can help with some advice.

Looking to get a sled for my wife that's easier to throw around than my old 09 M8 163. My wife is a pretty keen sledder and only weighs 110 lbs, but she's pretty capable. Anyone who knows the M8's know that they are pretty heavy in the steering department and I'm sure this tires her out pretty quick.

I ride a PRO RMK 163 and although I hadn't been on a dragon in a few years a friend of a friend was nice enough to let me try his. I was surprised at how fun it was to throw around and the lighter steering.

Do you think an 09 Dragon 155 would be a better sled for her?

A guy in town here is asking $6000 for the sled and it has 1500 km's on it with a new warranty replacement engine at 1000 km's with all the updates mtn tek top end (fix kit) done at the same time. Pretty clean overall.

Does this seem like a fair price? What should I be looking for or be concerned about?

I know these sleds don't have the best reputation.........
face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Hoping you guys can help with some advice.

Looking to get a sled for my wife that's easier to throw around than my old 09 M8 163. My wife is a pretty keen sledder and only weighs 110 lbs, but she's pretty capable. Anyone who knows the M8's know that they are pretty heavy in the steering department and I'm sure this tires her out pretty quick.

I ride a PRO RMK 163 and although I hadn't been on a dragon in a few years a friend of a friend was nice enough to let me try his. I was surprised at how fun it was to throw around and the lighter steering.

Do you think an 09 Dragon 155 would be a better sled for her?

A guy in town here is asking $6000 for the sled and it has 1500 km's on it with a new warranty replacement engine at 1000 km's with all the updates mtn tek top end (fix kit) done at the same time. Pretty clean overall.

Does this seem like a fair price? What should I be looking for or be concerned about?

I know these sleds don't have the best reputation.........http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/images/smilies/old/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Dragons are going from anywhere from 5500 to 7K. My wife drives a 10 M8 snopro and the dragon is easier to steer for sure has been my comparison on both. Biggest thing for her was seat width. The snopro has a very narrow seat which is more comfortable when standing. The dragon is a close second tho so I think it would be a good choice. Even tho it has less power I am impressed with how it hooks up and goes. She should try and ride both.

Good luck

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the fix kit you will be fine. Good price. There are aftermarket insurance companies offering full warranty, I went with IWS through my dealer, 1000$ for two years, and for 50$ it is transferable! They rebuilt mine last year and the cdi as well. 0$ deductible. Good piece of mind. I do love mine and my girl loves hers as well.I removed her sway bar, big help for her. Not sure why more people do not have this warranty.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good price to me for sure... I have the same sled for sale, excellent shape, roughly same klm but only 300 klm on the motor (did the top end kit as well) with electric start and I want 6500 for it...

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More info on that warranty? Sounds pretty interesting.

Ps i love my assault. Ive had my moments with it but its been a very enjoyable sled.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ask your dealer, most people don't know about it, they are called Integrated Warranty Systems 1-800-862-7184. Dealer told me good to work with, good at any other places that deal with them and like I said, transferable. 2 years, with BC hst I paid 1120$. After all the work I had covered I can't say enough. ( no I don't work for them )

Top Bottom