Need advice on quad pick please!

Reaction score
[h=2]Im going to be getting rid of my RZR 4 so I can take my son out to ride on his own machine (quad). He's not learning nothing as a passenger.[/h]
I wont be using it much, primarily at he cabin out by Cold lake a handful of times a year where there is plenty of cutblock riding, muskeg and creeks to cross. My number one priority is reliability, something that isn't going to sink like a tank in the muskeg or fill up with water when crossing creeks. I'm also not wanting to break my back on something with a ****ty suspension.

i don't want to dump a ton of money either and the most powerful isn't important to me anymore.

Ive found a non current Grizz 700 (2014), and a Can am 650 xmr (2014) for $2500 more. At the same price of the Can Am I can get in to a 2016 Honda Rubicon with eps and independent suspension.

Looking for advice please. Which way would you go and why?

Thanks!​

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im going to be getting rid of my RZR 4 so I can take my son out to ride on his own machine (quad). He's not learning nothing as a passenger.

I wont be using it much, primarily at he cabin out by Cold lake a handful of times a year where there is plenty of cutblock riding, muskeg and creeks to cross. My number one priority is reliability, something that isn't going to sink like a tank in the muskeg or fill up with water when crossing creeks. I'm also not wanting to break my back on something with a ****ty suspension.

i don't want to dump a ton of money either and the most powerful isn't important to me anymore.

Ive found a non current Grizz 700 (2014), and a Can am 650 xmr (2014) for $2500 more. At the same price of the Can Am I can get in to a 2016 Honda Rubicon with eps and independent suspension.

Looking for advice please. Which way would you go and why?

Thanks!​

base model grizzly 2014 or newer can be had for 8500 plus tax in GP last year can't beat that for the price.
its not can am fun but by far best bang for buck. Honda well... Yeah they have a good engine and are reliable but very little fun factor

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't want a ****ty suspension then better count the Honda out. Both the grizzly and the xmr are great machines. You would be happy with both. I like can am but somethings you will have to replace right away are the brake pads. 300km tops.

PJ440x

Reaction score
I think the Grizz 700 is hard to beat especially if you don't need that extra power. Arguably the most reliable ATV around.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll like the power of the 650 but it's hard to beat a Grizzly. The Grizzlies are lower maintenance and have really good clutching, so it's pretty hard to burn out a belt. In the end, I'd probably let the condition of the quads dictate which one you buy.

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grizzly frame is easy to tweak by hitting a stump . Old Kawasaki prairies were the same way .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom