need advice on new side by side which brand

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so im looking at buying two new side by sides ive looked at can am, polaris, and cat all of them are the biggest and best each has to offer 1000cc 100+ ponies because of my large fam i need one 2 seater and 1 four seater.they are fairly near to each other in price, power, and options im just looking for peeps personal experience good and bad please

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't own one but sure love to drive the maverick. I assume the rzr 1000 is gonna be just as fun.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow sales men are going to love you! Talk to T-team on here he will set you up with some nice mavericks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
havent had a chance to try any other SXS unfortunately. but did have the maverick 1000 out lots last summer. too much fun thats all im saying. never had any issues either other than scaring myself a bit!! ok alot...

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a question...... Does the maverick come with power steering?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a question...... Does the maverick come with power steering?

does now. first year models didnt. the one i had out did not. i actually kind of liked it feeling the feedback in the steering wheel. never had a problem turning it or anything for the riding i did. but i could see if you had it in the mud and ruts it might be required forsure

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does now. first year models didnt. the one i had out did not. i actually kind of liked it feeling the feedback in the steering wheel. never had a problem turning it or anything for the riding i did. but i could see if you had it in the mud and ruts it might be required forsure
where I really noticed not having power steering was trying to turn while stopped, like trying to turn around in a tight spot. with power steering it's a one hand operation.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where I really noticed not having power steering was trying to turn while stopped, like trying to turn around in a tight spot. with power steering it's a one hand operation.

yup forsure. to me it seems like a really expensive part and potentially something to go very wrong with it lol. but it is nice.

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
of the ones i tested out i really think power steering is nice my chick will be driving one of them so i think its a must every dealer claims theirs as the best and all the rest are crap and they relly do seem very close to me

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have had a 800 rzr with 3500 km with no issues. Only brakes and oil changes.

Now run a 900 xp rzr with power steering. 2500 km with only 1 axle replacement 2 lower ball joints and 2 rear wheel brgs. Other than normal wear and tear..brake pads, oil changes etc..

power steering is great..

Regular service and cleaning in a must to have your machine last.

I am looking at a Maverick next . Want to see what it's like.

Call T Team if your looking at Can Am

All of the machines are great..

Enjoy what you purchase.

MiledOut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are all good. each have there problems, best way to pick is to drive them all and pick a dealer you like.

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your not bias to a brand i agree with miledout, go and test drive and see what you like best.. Similar to a new vehicle - most of the baseline stuff is pretty similar, 1000cc 100hp, power steering, roll cages, 4X4 etc - the biggest difference i found was delivery of power thru the clutches, the seating positions are quite a bit different, pedal location, shifter, switches all vary.. Comparing CanAm to Polaris is like Chev to a Ford so i found it came down to the way i liked to drive and how comfy it was inside.. Maintenance is going to be relative to what you use it for from what i can tell..

I ended up with a RZR based on my preference. Really liked the Maverick as well, just felt more comfortable driving the rzr..

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the intended purpose of each, mainly work, mainly play or a combo of each that is the question i would be asking first

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they would be used for mostly play and whatever odd job i can find for them to bring a lil revenue from them so i could write them off in my company easier

Mudrookie

Reaction score
I just bought a RZR 1000 XP 4 it was my first SxS and i looked at all of them it was a toss up between the Maverick and the RZR, I went with the RZR only because I find it a better looking machine, that maverick is pretty nice though, but i love my RZR if your spending that kind of money shop around for sure I paid close to 30000 with some extras.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To me this is a no brainer.... go see Jay or Cody at Riderz in Edson I have purchased 2 commanders through them and their service, and support is second to none. I dont even live in Edson and to me its worth the trip.

Top Bottom