NDPigs

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure how you feel about Ezra Levant, but here is his latest post on our beloved local provincial government......:realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad:

below is copied from his website;

Over 40,000 Albertans have lost their jobs so far this year in the oil patch alone.

So what has Alberta's NDP done about it?

They just voted to give a 7.25% pay raise to senior government officials who already make up to $273,000 a year!

But it gets even worse. A group of MLAs just voted to send themselves on an all-expenses-paid luxury junket to Boston, to go to a conference about “ethics”. That conference just happens to be at one of Boston’s most luxurious hotels, the Fairmont Copley Plaza. It’s a three-day junket — and the cheapest rooms at the hotel start at CAD$700 a night. Add in flights and meals, and you’re looking at a $20,000 junket for NDP MLAs, all on the backs of Alberta taxpayers.

The icing on the cake is that this conference has nothing to with Alberta. Most of the subjects being covered apply to the U.S. only — U.S. election laws, U.S. fundraising laws, U.S. Super-PACs, etc. It’s useless to MLAs from Alberta. But hey — all the more time for sight-seeing and shopping!

Albertans thought that by throwing out Jim Prentice and his corrupt PCs, they’d be done with pigs at the trough. No chance. Welcome to the NDPigs.

NDPigs - The Rebel

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The New Democrat government has backed away from two decisions after withering criticism from the opposition Wildrose. But it's sticking with a controversial patronage appointment to the government's communications department.

On Thursday, the NDP gave the province's legislative officers a 7.25 per cent raise, voted to send three NDP MLAs and the committee clerk on a junket to Boston in December, and named a well-known NDP supporter to head the supposedly apolitical public affairs bureau.

But late Thursday afternoon, Denise Woollard, chair of the standing committee on legislative offices, issued a statement saying the 7.25 per cent raise for legislative officers, such as the ethics commissioner and auditor general, will be "reconsidered in the coming week."

The political about-face was "in consideration of the challenges facing Alberta families and our economy and concerns validly raised by the opposition (Wildrose.)"

Woollard said it was important to attend a conference on government ethics in Boston, but "we think that one or two people will attend, not more."

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I think Ezra often makes good points, he is a good investigative reporter HOWEVER he is as much a spin doctor and mud slinger as the rest of them. He is quite obviously pro PC and anti-every one else. he reminds me of a Canadian Michael Moore.

If he would keep his arguments more tied to the facts he is often able to uncover his arguments would be received much better by most.

I really like Rick Mercer and he has a ton of respect for Ezra and considers him "a close friend whom has only the best interests of the populous in mind"

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The New Democrat government has backed away from two decisions after withering criticism from the opposition Wildrose. But it's sticking with a controversial patronage appointment to the government's communications department.

On Thursday, the NDP gave the province's legislative officers a 7.25 per cent raise, voted to send three NDP MLAs and the committee clerk on a junket to Boston in December, and named a well

I don't think they backed away yet....due to public outcry, they are going to review it but as far as I know nothing has changed.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Your right.... it's going to be "reconsidered" It was also retroactive back to April

In Feb 2015 MLA's took a 5% pay reduction to $127K basic and additional pay for portfolios and committee involvement. The NDP called that cut

"a cynical gambit to seize the moral high ground prior to cutting the wages of nurses, teachers, and other public sector workers."

But I guess now they are OK with it in the face of 40,000 AB lay-offs.

I don't think they backed away yet....due to public outcry, they are going to review it but as far as I know nothing has changed.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You aint seen nothing yet. Wait till the federal election is over, Nothead and her pecker head cabinet are just getting started. It will take this province a decade to clean up the mess these clowns will leave in one term. On the bright side every day that goes by is one day closer to the NDP taking there historical two seats in the back row of the Legislature. Enjoy it while it lasts pecker heads day of unemployment is coming.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
You aint seen nothing yet. Wait till the federal election is over, Nothead and her pecker head cabinet are just getting started. It will take this province a decade to clean up the mess these clowns will leave in one term. On the bright side every day that goes by is one day closer to the NDP taking there historical two seats in the back row of the Legislature. Enjoy it while it lasts pecker heads day of unemployment is coming.
Sure hope everyone that voted for these meatheads is happy now.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man you guys are starting to sound like whiney kids on the playground who didn't get to play the game they wanted,so they just whine the whole time,I'm not from Alberta so I have no say but its getting pretty sad,this site has gone way down hill in the last year but now with all this political crying is not going to help it any,all I can say is suck it up and wait till the next election and change it,the majority of your province has voted in there choice so it is what it is,quit whining its getting stale,just my opinion and no I'm not going to get in a big debate just stating what I feel

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a right to whine with all the crap we get from other provinces and yet we pay FAR more than our share....Far more!!

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Scram your right about one thing your opinion is as important as the next guys. But whining and telling the way you see it are two different things. Personally I enjoy hearing what other people have to say. Sure there's a lot of right wing conservative's on this site, but I do enjoy it when a left leaning pinko sticks his head up here. Its kinda like a Wack a Mole at the fair. It just plain fun! Unfortunately the mole population is a little low right now but I still like to hear what others have to say, even you.
Man you guys are starting to sound like whiney kids on the playground who didn't get to play the game they wanted,so they just whine the whole time,I'm not from Alberta so I have no say but its getting pretty sad,this site has gone way down hill in the last year but now with all this political crying is not going to help it any,all I can say is suck it up and wait till the next election and change it,the majority of your province has voted in there choice so it is what it is,quit whining its getting stale,just my opinion and no I'm not going to get in a big debate just stating what I feel

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well Scrambled, the point of this thread was the hypocrisy of our NDpigs to raise the salaries of the top government earners when over 40,000 Alberta jobs were lost, plus 1000's more being cut back from increases in salary....most happy to hold on to their jobs. You call that whining???

You are right, our voters wanted change.....well we got change, but not what was hoped....I am willing to bet that MOST people who voted for the NDP did not want them to become the government let alone become a majority government.....they just wanted to spank their current PC rep.......

And, now we gave the keys of a multi billion dollar company to a group who was not ready to handle the job....hell, a lot of them have never been in the legislature before. So with the downturn in the economy and nobody able to keep the bus on the road, we are spiraling into a recession. I am not blaming our current govt for the downturn in the economy, I am blaming them for not taking the reigns immediately and doing whatever is possible to keep the ship from sinking. Then when they award salary increase's to the top earners...one's already making ~$250,000 per year......I start to get angry.

And, since you are from BC and say you are sick of reading about Alberta politics.....you don't have to read the threads.

Last edited:

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I completely agree but its not just your government its all of them,ours to,they are all in it to feed off the trough at are expense and that ain't going to change until party politics is abolished, it just seem that lately on here everything that is happening in your province gets turned into a political muntiny on here,I feel for you guys but this ain't the place to get things to change,if all of you maybe told your mla's as much as you do us s@mers you might get farther in your quest for change,unfortunately if they are like are leaders it will definitely fall on death ears,but at least you tried.My main beef was its seem to be lots of the threads turn into political crap lately which isn't what most come to this sight for,just gets old,

Top Bottom