Nasty reminder of how dangerous bikes can be

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AHHHHH SQUIDS. How to tell if you are a SQUID....(Some Quick Unimportant Immature Dumbass):

You're 100 lbs. overweight and complain that your bike just can't seem to hold that inside line.

Your safety gear in the summer consists of a wife beater, shorts and tennis shoes.

You constantly "throttle tune" your bike at every red light

You ride in sandals

You tell anyone you have gone 160 on the street

You think Arai is Jamaican for OK

You don't have a clue what a Buell is

You keep fouling plugs riding with the choke on

More than half of your bike's original plastic has been replaced by carbon fiber parts.

You paid someone $400 to airbrush your $175 helmet

You own a carbon fiber keyfob

You walk around the mall in full race leathers

You ever high-sided from a intentional stoppie

YOU think that you're cool

Only you know what your personalized tag means

You don't know what a SQUID is

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I Like It!!!!!!!!!!!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this one and had to add it here.

Attachments

• squid.jpg
    squid.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 109

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I Like It Even More!!!!!

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding the cruiser yesterday I came accross two accidents on 99 st both were bike riders hitting the back of cars and coming home on the Henday two guys on crotch rockets took the west bound turn off onto the Sherwood Park freeway one of them blow the corner and went over the bank, up the opposite bank accross the road and into the ditch...dont think he survived...

Blu du

Reaction score
wow reminds me why i never got a bike. alot of bad drivers that don't look out enough for cycles

sled

Reaction score
Just shows to me that no matter what we ride their are dangers.Some people like to ride their bikes like morons on the street. If a person wants to ride a high speed the why not at a track.Know for a fact that there is one by fort sask and even have a school at the track. My next door nieghbor is the guy that does runs the school and is the instructor.If anyone wants his info pm me on here and I will get for you.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For all you bike riders out there you have to check out this site. Live to Ride - Ride to DIE (scroll through the bull sh!t at the top of the site) it is a real reminder of how vulnerable we are when riding. Warning some of the photos are nasty. Maybe some of those people who talk on cell phones while driving vehicles should take a look at this as well. I have had so many close calls already and this sent shivers through me. Still don't agree with the loud pipe comments on there though, I am keeping mine loud!

I don't know how to write the sound of puking, but that's what I feel like doing. Pretty graphic. I was going to pick up a street bike, but I think I will stick to the quads and sleds.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Sold all my bikes and the last one a few years ago..... No intentions of ever riding a street bike again. I trust my driving, but can't trust the vehicle beside me........ Thanks for that link, as it reminds me every time i think i should get another bike, not to!

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold all my bikes and the last one a few years ago..... No intentions of ever riding a street bike again. I trust my driving, but can't trust the vehicle beside me........ Thanks for that link, as it reminds me every time i think i should get another bike, not to!

Same here. A friend of mine was killed on his crotch rocket and after that it really put things into perspective for me. Ended up trading my GSXR off on my quad. I had too many close calls on the street. Too many people on the phone, soccer moms putting on makeup, and people just not paying attention.

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man some of those were pretty sick. Theres a lot of retards out in edm with the trophys on the back seat. Wouldnt mind passin these pics to them.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was posted in the above link....just like everything theres loud enough to be heard and then theres stupid loud....

Loud Pipes Save Lives
Are you kidding? Do we need to cover this again?
- The vast majority of bike accidents are from the front. To have any chance of alerting those motorists to the presence of a motorcycle with exhaust noise would require that the tailpipe be pointed forward. LOL. The chances of rearward-facing straight pipes making a bike more obvious are very slim. The reality of the loud pipe is that all you'll succeed in doing is irritating all the people behind and beside you who don't pose much of a threat anyway.
- You are pissing off everyone around you. So who cares if you gun the throttle past an open driver's-side window and scare the hell out of the occupants? At least they see you, right? Maybe, but take a look at what happened to personal watercraft in Minnesota. Take a look at what happened in Yellowstone. Put it another way: how much do you appreciate the "music" blaring from other people's cars: the throbbing car stereo that shakes the very ground with some indistinguishable bass crap? How interested in someone else's music are you? Perhaps nobody else wants to listen to it. Perhaps they don't like the sound. Maybe they're trying to concentrate, or talk, or watch TV, or sleep. Maybe their kids are trying to sleep.
- Loud exhaust pipes are illegal. Even HD has finally stopped installing them.

and .... loud exhaust pipes actually REDUCE the performance of the bike in most cases, due to the reduction of back-pressure needed by tuned engines.

If you are really concerned about saving lives, a $20.00 reflective safety vest will save your biscuit a thousand times before that loud pipe will.

How many people wear full gear when they ride or is half a helment jeans and a t-shirt good enough.....

i've proved this wrong more than once.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW, crazy pics. Once saw a guy slam into the back of a gravel truck on the deere foot, wasnt pretty. I ride a bike too and this is a eye opener as to what can happen.

Sedg

Reaction score
OMG! What an oversensationalized collection of BS.
I'm not disputing some fo the facts they present but I whole heartedly dispute the method by which they deliver their message.
:nono: :BSmeter:

I have been riding for over 30 years and over 20 of those have been on the street. I used to keep a log of all my trips but quit keeping track after I surpassed 1,000,000km. I'm still alive because I ride aggressively-defensive and ALWAYS try to avoid putting myself in a situation where my life depends on someone else making the correct choice with their vehicle.
I've used wide open stretches of open road, with great views, for my personal level of enjoyment but my decision to do so is based on a lifetime of experience and the knowledge of what my machine, and the rider on it, are capable of. My choice to do so is mine to make and I also respect and regard other motorists by slowing down when passing them so I don't cause them to be distracted or caught unaware making for a potentially unsafe scenario.

I wish more people were aware of how this differs from the true "MINORITY" of riders that behave like total idiots (no matter what they ride - sport bikes/cruisers/OHV's) that give everyone else a bad name. In a forum like this I am surpirsed this is not more obvious! I, like many others, have been a victim of land use closures due to a few morons wrecking it for the rest of us that respectfully enjoyed that same area.

Life is constantly presenting you with opportunities for risk assessment. Any fool can make poor decisions (and most of the pictures from that site show just that) but a blanket statement calling motorcycles dangerous is beyond foolish and tells me more about the intellect (or lack thereof) of the sites creator. The problem with everyone having the freedom to express their opinion openly is that the sheeple believe the information that is easiest to access.

BTW, Anyone with some free time and a computer can come up with an equally disturbing site about ANYTHING and spin it to look dangerous or evil. Holy HELL Batman! I could do a similar site showing the perils of scooter use and how seniors everywhere should abandon their Rascals in light of this tragic information. :fear:

I step down from my soapbox to massage my hamstrings and rest my fingers from that overly expressive rant. :rant: :rolleyes:

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG! What an oversensationalized collection of BS.
I'm not disputing some fo the facts they present but I whole heartedly dispute the method by which they deliver their message.
:nono: :BSmeter:

I have been riding for over 30 years and over 20 of those have been on the street. I used to keep a log of all my trips but quit keeping track after I surpassed 1,000,000km. I'm still alive because I ride aggressively-defensive and ALWAYS try to avoid putting myself in a situation where my life depends on someone else making the correct choice with their vehicle.
I've used wide open stretches of open road, with great views, for my personal level of enjoyment but my decision to do so is based on a lifetime of experience and the knowledge of what my machine, and the rider on it, are capable of. My choice to do so is mine to make and I also respect and regard other motorists by slowing down when passing them so I don't cause them to be distracted or caught unaware making for a potentially unsafe scenario.

I wish more people were aware of how this differs from the true "MINORITY" of riders that behave like total idiots (no matter what they ride - sport bikes/cruisers/OHV's) that give everyone else a bad name. In a forum like this I am surpirsed this is not more obvious! I, like many others, have been a victim of land use closures due to a few morons wrecking it for the rest of us that respectfully enjoyed that same area.

Life is constantly presenting you with opportunities for risk assessment. Any fool can make poor decisions (and most of the pictures from that site show just that) but a blanket statement calling motorcycles dangerous is beyond foolish and tells me more about the intellect (or lack thereof) of the sites creator. The problem with everyone having the freedom to express their opinion openly is that the sheeple believe the information that is easiest to access.

BTW, Anyone with some free time and a computer can come up with an equally disturbing site about ANYTHING and spin it to look dangerous or evil. Holy HELL Batman! I could do a similar site showing the perils of scooter use and how seniors everywhere should abandon their Rascals in light of this tragic information. :fear:

I step down from my soapbox to massage my hamstrings and rest my fingers from that overly expressive rant. :rant: :rolleyes:

OIC well now tell us how you really feel about it LMAO :violin:

vic

Reaction score
For all you bike riders out there you have to check out this site. Live to Ride - Ride to DIE (scroll through the bull sh!t at the top of the site) it is a real reminder of how vulnerable we are when riding. Warning some of the photos are nasty. Maybe some of those people who talk on cell phones while driving vehicles should take a look at this as well. I have had so many close calls already and this sent shivers through me. Still don't agree with the loud pipe comments on there though, I am keeping mine loud!

Real eye opener nasty pic's .For sure I'll stick to my dirt bike. Was contemplating a Harley .

Top Bottom