Nascar

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Practice 3 for the Daytona 500 was completed and here were the top 5 and a few surprises: 47-55-22-21-66

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tony Stewart today stuck up for his driver Danica in the Petty controversy. He has offered Richard a chance to race Danica in identical Sprint Cup cars to get his azz kicked saying Petty raced in an era where he had a dominant car for most of his wins and the competition is alot tougher now. Ouch! When a reporter mentioned if Danica won she should ask Richard to sign the checkered flag? Tony responded that she should shove the flag down his throat to shut him up. Ouch again! Gotta love Tony...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a Gibbs sweep as Hamlin wins the second duel outlasting everyone that was wrecking behind him as he came to the checkers ahead of Kurt Busch.

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bower gets Bronze at the Olympics in Men's Free style - kind of stuffed the landing. Am i the only one who didn't see a post race interview with Denny Hamlin, that's perfectly ok with me as don't really like the guy. I hope I am wrong but a little worried that Sunday's race will be whoever gets out first in the last pit stop wins the race - how many times did we see that last season.

so far so good, JJ 2 for 2 and only 36 more to go!

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was weird I didn't see any interviews after the second race, I was worried something happened and they cut out...
Is it ok I watched the races before I watched the hockey game?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Daytona 500 Lineup
Pos. Car No. Driver
1 3 Austin Dillon
2 78 Martin Truex Jr.
3 20 Matt Kenseth
4 11 Denny Hamlin
5 5 Kasey Kahne
6 24 Jeff Gordon
7 9 Marcos Ambrose
8 41 Kurt Busch
9 88 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
10 27 Paul Menard
11 98 Josh Wise
12 33 Brian Scott
13 43 Alec Almirola
14 21 Trevor Bayne
15 47 AJ Allmendinger
16 42 Kyle Larson
17 38 David Gilliland
18 40 Landon Cassill
19 31 Ryan Newman
20 15 Clint Bowyer
21 14 Tony Stewart
22 1 Jamie McMurray
23 26 Cole Whitt
24 32 Terry Labonte
25 16 Greg Biffle
26 52 Bobby Labonte
27 10 Danica Patrick
28 13 Casey Mears
29 23 Alex Bowman
30 99 Carl Edwards
31 55 Brian Vickers
32 48 Jimmie Johnson
33 2 Brad Keselowski
34 17 Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
35 22 Joey Logano
36 7 Michael Annett
37 18 Kyle Busch
38 4 Kevin Harvick
39 36 Reed Sorensen
40 51 Justin Allgaier
41 30 Parker Kligerman
42 66 Michael Waltrip
43 34 David Ragan

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tony Stewart today stuck up for his driver Danica in the Petty controversy. He has offered Richard a chance to race Danica in identical Sprint Cup cars to get his azz kicked saying Petty raced in an era where he had a dominant car for most of his wins and the competition is alot tougher now. Ouch! When a reporter mentioned if Danica won she should ask Richard to sign the checkered flag? Tony responded that she should shove the flag down his throat to shut him up. Ouch again! Gotta love Tony...

So its gonna happen. After being teased about it on "Fox And Friends" Richard Petty has accepted the challenge to Race Danica Patrick in identical cars sometime in the next year. His first words were...you know I'm 76 years old right? Lmao!! This is better than Ben Johnson racing a horse back in the day.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody hear what was wrong with Harvick's car after the Duel race? I guess he was DQ'ed for an infraction in tech but never heard what for.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kevin Harvick was only 23rd-fastest in Daytona 500 time trials last weekend. On Thursday night, after apparently finishing second to Matt Kenseth in his 150-mile qualifying race, Harvick and his No. 4 Chevrolet were disqualified for a chassis adjustment violation and scored last among 24 drivers.
Despite all that, Harvick will nonetheless still start 38th in Sunday afternoon's season-opening race at Daytona International Speedway. In most racing series, being that slow in qualifying and being subsequently DQ'ed would earn that driver's team an early trip home.
Not in NASCAR, where Harvick's sponsor -- Budweiser -- is a major player. Indeed, the popular adult beverage is the official sponsor of Speedweek '14 and was title sponsor of the twin 150s that helped set the 43-car grid for the 500. They were called, in fact, “the Budweiser Duels.”
Harvick will race on Sunday afternoon because last weekend's single-car timed qualifying runs around DIS are considered a standalone event. His car from Stewart-Haas Racing passed all pre- and post-qualifying inspection, and was thus deemed legal to advance to Thursday night's first 150-miler. So far, so good.
And getting busted after his 150 meant officials simply reverted to his Sunday afternoon qualifying speed, which was good enough to make the show. Finishing well in a 150-miler and qualifying speeds are two of several criteria for making the 500 field. Last year's final point standings is another criteria -- his new team is using points earned by another Stewart-Haas team last year -- but qualifying speed comes into play before points.
So Harvick will start near the rear on Sunday, joining a host of big-name drivers who didn't qualify very well or finished poorly in their 150-miler. He'll be back there with six-time champion Jimmie Johnson, former series champion Brad Keselowski, reigning Cup rookie of the year Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and former rookie of the year Joey Logano, Kyle Busch and two-time Daytona 500 winner Michael Waltrip.
Conspiracy theorists take note: the 500's unique (convoluted?) qualifying system has been in place for years, well before Budweiser showed up. Nobody pulled any strings or bent any rules or paid off anyone in power to get Harvick in the 500.

Read more: No conspiracy as disqualified Kevin Harvick qualifies for Daytona 500 - Autoweek racing NASCAR news - Autoweek
Follow us: @AutoweekUSA on Twitter | AutoweekUSA on Facebook

Top Bottom