Nascar

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
listened to it on sirius channel 90 today while truckin....what an awesome race, early on when the grill got broken on the 14 and Tony was at the back he said on the radio "well, they are really gonna feel bad when we win from here...." and that was before the lug nut issue when he went to the back again. he passed 76 cars to win. had the wife record it and just finished watching, one of the best races of all time IMO....way to go Smoke!

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome job Tony! Not many drivers could keep it together and pull that off. I just wonder how much of the 48's stuff was "transferred" over from Hendrick's shop after he was out of it? (Just trying to get the conspiracy theory people worked up!)

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was the hardest I've ever seen 2 guys run their cars over that last green flag run. The 2 and 17 ran up front most of the day and Smoke & Edwards ran away from them like they were standing still. I'm super stoked Tony was able to take the title. This one just furthers his legend status.

I will say one thing though, the point system may need some looking at when a guy with 5 wins ends up tied in points with a guy with 1 win.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was the hardest I've ever seen 2 guys run their cars over that last green flag run. The 2 and 17 ran up front most of the day and Smoke & Edwards ran away from them like they were standing still. I'm super stoked Tony was able to take the title. This one just furthers his legend status.

I will say one thing though, the point system may need some looking at when a guy with 5 wins ends up tied in points with a guy with 1 win.

The true deserving winner won the race and championship but remember, Carl had an average finish of 4.7 in the chase. This is a lower average than any of JJ's championship runs. Nascar is not like the stick and ball sports. The Detroit Red Wings could conceivably go 10 - 0 but you will never see that in today's Nascar. There are just to many good teams on the circuit. What Carl did should win the Chase in every year but this one.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Todays news in Nascar...........
Word has it that Darian Grubb will be going back to Hendrick or a Toyota team for big bucks after being let go by Stewart Haas after the Chase.
With last nights blow up again from Kurt Busch in the garage after the race it is almost certain that Steve Addington will accept the position of crew chief for Tony Stewart next season in Sprint Cup as rumoured for awhile now.
Greg Zippadelli is rumoured to be going to Stewart Haas to be the competition director next year if Gibbs lets him out of the last year of his contract
With Jack Roush possible shutting down his personally funded Nationwide teams next year to fund Matt Kenseth if needed Drew Blickensderfer, crewchief for Ricky Stenhouse Jr. was let out of his contract today and is reportrd to be going to Childress racing to the 31 team to crew Jeff Burton.
So what do you guys think of all these changes? Think Tony is nuts for letting Darian go? Who will crewchief Senor Busch? Someone that is deaf perhaps. As the world turns...........

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome job Tony! Not many drivers could keep it together and pull that off. I just wonder how much of the 48's stuff was "transferred" over from Hendrick's shop after he was out of it? (Just trying to get the conspiracy theory people worked up!)

Actually I think Hendrick paid Roush racing and Carl Edwards team off so Tony could win in Hendrick equipment. After all the last thing Rick Hendrick wants people to know is his equipment might not be the best out there. :D LOL

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Todays news in Nascar...........
Word has it that Darian Grubb will be going back to Hendrick or a Toyota team for big bucks after being let go by Stewart Haas after the Chase.
With last nights blow up again from Kurt Busch in the garage after the race it is almost certain that Steve Addington will accept the position of crew chief for Tony Stewart next season in Sprint Cup as rumoured for awhile now.
Greg Zippadelli is rumoured to be going to Stewart Haas to be the competition director next year if Gibbs lets him out of the last year of his contract
With Jack Roush possible shutting down his personally funded Nationwide teams next year to fund Matt Kenseth if needed Drew Blickensderfer, crewchief for Ricky Stenhouse Jr. was let out of his contract today and is reportrd to be going to Childress racing to the 31 team to crew Jeff Burton.
So what do you guys think of all these changes? Think Tony is nuts for letting Darian go? Who will crewchief Senor Busch? Someone that is deaf perhaps. As the world turns...........

Jrs. crew chief, Steve Letarte, made the comment not too long ago that ALOT/EVERYTHING is getting changed up again this off season at the hendrick stable. It will be intresting to say the least. hopefully they dont affect Jrs running much. He actually had a good year for not winning any races. Just goes to show he is consistent. However if they can get him to qualify a little better I think wins will start falling his way.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I am computer challenged so I can't provide you a link to this but google Kurt Busch/ Dr. Jerry Punch interview in the pits after Busch blew his tranny at Homestead. This clip will show you what an absolute a-hole he is as he comes unglued on Punch waiting to be interviewed. Turn down the volume if kids are near. Punch is probably one of the nicest media guys in Nascar and to be treated like this is a travesty. Hopefully Nascar sees this and fines come along.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Here it is snopro.

What a prick! musta not got laid the night before. I dont understand why he is so upset. He had no chance to win the championship and no chance to win the race either. Him and DC jr. just as well pack each others chit and go back where they came from.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This just in. Steve Addington has called Kurt Busch and told him he will not be crewchiefing him next year as he in in fact leaving Penske for Stewart Haas. And the trail of bodies left behind the Busch brothers continues.......

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its just one thing after another with those clowns! Remember how everybody was talking about the new kyle busch? speeding in his street car and wrecking hornaday look to me to be the same ol prick.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well alot of good that video is. It has been removed by its user. :(

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This could get to be a good thread! another classic of a busch making an idiot of himself

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Penske has issued a statement apologizing for his actions and are investigating it internally. Roush today let over 100 people go as they cut back their Nationwide program and the #6 team for next year. Roush basically said today he was disappointed in David Ragan and felt he did not take advantage of the engineering directed to that car. Looks like a not so merry xmas in Charlotte for some people. Welcome to the US economy.

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Words cannot be said for how much those two disgust me. Tony was a hothead as well, but, he learned how to treat people in short order after being fined by Home Depot and almost dropped his deal. Kurt needs to watch a few races from the sidelines, and maybe he will see he needs NASCAR more than they need him. Seemed to calm Kyle down a bit. Penske said that Kurt doesn't represent the views of the sponsors or Penske racing. If he is wearing their colors I think he does. POS!:chainsaw:

Last edited:
Top Bottom