Nascar

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was on a Nascar fan page and a guy said he is not good. The guy said his brother was an engineer for Roush and they said he was unconscious when they pulled him from the car and put him into an ambulance then a chopper. Jack Roush was enroute to the hospital the guy said.

• Thanks
Reactions: zal

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was on a Nascar fan page and a guy said he is not good. The guy said his brother was an engineer for Roush and they said he was unconscious when they pulled him from the car and put him into an ambulance then a chopper. Jack Roush was enroute to the hospital the guy said.

I’m speechless right now..:(

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep just watch Steve O'Donnell from Nascar say he is in serious condition but stable and has non life threatening injuries. More info to come whern available he said.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to Twitter to get up to date info and what shocked me was the trolls who posted he was dead or said it was karma because he was a Trump supporter??? I wish I could speak to these people that hide behind a keyboard and tune them in. I'd be happy to be a post whore from prison. Fn dip****s.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the car stayed more intact than Austin Dillons did when it hit the catch fence a few years ago? Most of the major parts on the cars have tethers attached to them so they stay with the car.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta wonder who will be driving the 6 car in Vegas this weekend? I doubt with sponsors wanting a full schedule it will be parked. I'm betting on David Ragan coming out of retirement to drive until Ryan is able to come back if he can.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just saw another press release from Roush. Ryan is up and walking at the hospital and joking with family and hospital staff. I saw him waist up with a gown on hugging his daughters and have to onder what injuries he sustained? His face is unmarked, his arms look unmarked and if he is walking his legs must be good? I guess we will wait and see? Good news though!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jaysus! Ryan Newman was released from hospital this afternoon! I know the rocketman is tough but holy cow. Way to go Ryan!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ross Chastain will be in the 6 car this weekend in Vegas Roush Racing has reported. This is a good opportunity for Ross in decent equipment.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is mind blowing.. in 2009, Ryan Newman lobbied NASCAR to add a bar to the cage to increase the strength of the top Halo. NASCAR agreed, and the Newman Bar was added to the Gen6 COT with little fan fare. 10 years later.. the Newman Bar likely saved Ryan's life.

664E18AA-FE57-40F7-9478-5957BA628F22.jpeg

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which is the bar? The red or yellow arrow?

Both

[FONT=&quot]Newman has a mechanical engineering degree. After a bad wreck that took nearly 15 mins to extract him because the roof and cage crushed in. Newman went to work and invented a foward roof bar to prevent this from happening again. [/FONT]

Ridgeclough Ron

Reaction score
It's amazing how well nascar has worked and continues to work on safety of the drivers, fans and pit crews. There was a car accident on the highway by my place. The cars were only going about 60 km/hr when they collided but one person passed away at the scene. Auto makers should be taking notes from nascar.

Top Bottom