Nascar speeds - WOW!

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kyle B & Denny H hit speed of 203 mph in pratice - wonder how big the crash will be this year - maybe nascar will give them a smaller restrictor plate - when the two cars are drafting and get pulled from the front cars its seem like they pass they by 20mph!!

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was an interesting practice. The new paved surface should really make drafting and passing more interesting. Looks like pit boxes are going to be slick, could see some pit wrecks.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2007 I seen them live in califonya speedway I would do it again homeland sercrity said my tickets cancelled permitly , thats a fast race track

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was an interesting practice. The new paved surface should really make drafting and passing more interesting. Looks like pit boxes are going to be slick, could see some pit wrecks.

Pit boxes should be in great shape as they are now concrete v.s. the old ones which I believe were asphalt. The boxes dont seem to have all the oil and stuff left there from the rolex 24 race like they have had in the past.

But I dont like the 2 car draft it seems like it narrows the competition too much and gets kinda boring. Although 2 cars is more safe for the drivers it doesn't seem to make the race much more exciting.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pit boxes should be in great shape as they are now concrete v.s. the old ones which I believe were asphalt. The boxes dont seem to have all the oil and stuff left there from the rolex 24 race like they have had in the past.

But I dont like the 2 car draft it seems like it narrows the competition too much and gets kinda boring. Although 2 cars is more safe for the drivers it doesn't seem to make the race much more exciting.

exciting and restrictor plate races don't belong in the same sentence. It basically becomes follow the leader.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard that they spent 2 million dollars on the repaving, and the drivers are really happy with the way that it turned out.
I'm curious as to how Jr. is going to do this year, after the crew switching in the off season. Now that Jr. and Johnson are sharing the same shop, if he doesn't get some wins this year, you gotta wonder about his future at Hendricks

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard that they spent 2 million dollars on the repaving, and the drivers are really happy with the way that it turned out.
I'm curious as to how Jr. is going to do this year, after the crew switching in the off season. Now that Jr. and Johnson are sharing the same shop, if he doesn't get some wins this year, you gotta wonder about his future at Hendricks

Jr. needs to pull his head out of his arse cause if he doesnt I think his time at hendrick is limited. A guy must remember at the end of 2011 hendrick gets kasey khane and if mark martin wants to continue to race and jr. is not preforming, you can figure the rest from there.
Hopefully he can step up to the plate and contend for a chase spot, but I have pretty much just came to expect that he will disappoint me week in and week out but hopefully Im wrong this year

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually really enjoyed the old surface with all it's character, Daytona was a handling track now it's just press and go, takes a lot of the driving skill out of the race.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only 14 cars left at the end. Not sure they can push 9600-9800 rpm for 500 miles though. Lots of lead changes, just 2 cars at a time!!

It will be interesting

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Track seems pretty smooth - I guess when u spend 20 million on repaving - It should be!! - A very different style of racing with the two car hook up -I think for a lot of drivers it alot of give and take - not knowing whats in front of you! Have to get use to some new car colours / driver sponsors . Thought Jr. might be a contender - but that just didnt happen! Qualifly starting this am on speed

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Jr. got the pole, and Gordon is on the outside in the number 2 position. Both these guys need some luck this year :)

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe it has been won from the pole a few times - Jr commented after setting the pole - It was pretty good - all car today - thanked engine pwr and fab deparments -- I think maybe a little from the driver and new crew chief helped:)

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has this race ever been won from the pole???? Just wondering:confused:

Daytona 500 winners from pole position:
1962 Fireball Roberts
1966 Richard Petty
1968 Cale Yarborough
1980 Buddy Baker
1984 Cale Yarborough
1985 Bill Elliott
1987 Bill Elliott
1999 Jeff Gordon
2000 Dale Jarrett

funrider

Reaction score
Re: Na scar speeds - WOW!

NSC just changed some of the way the cars get cooled so they might not be able to stay together as long. I think the race will be a little on the boring side until the last 30-50 laps then big one. Some of the bottom running cars might mix it and take out some good ones.

Top Bottom