NASCAR history made today

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jimmie Johnson is the first driver ever to win 4 consecutive championships in 61 years of the sport. Hendrick Motorsports teams finished 1st (#48 Jimmie Johnson), 2nd (#5 Mark Martin), and 3rd (#24 Jeff Gordon) making history as it is the first time an owner (Rick Hendrick) has had 3 of his teams finish 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Pretty cool.:d Can't wait for Daytona now.:d:beer::d

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jimmie couldn't have done it without the hardwork of his team and the greatest crew chief in the sport Chad Knaus.
Huge accomplishment for Rick Hendrick after almost shuttin the team down in the 80's for lack of funding
Thanks to Jeff Gordan and Rick Hendrick for giving Jimmie a shot.

Now its time for five in a row.
GO TEAM 48

Pretty disapointing season for Roush this year
Congrats on a great career to Mike Waltrip

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its time that Jeff Gordon comes in for a win. Seems he`s been sand baging and allowing Jimmie the wins?

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its time that Jeff Gordon comes in for a win. Seems he`s been sand baging and allowing Jimmie the wins?

I don't thinks that Jeff Gordan is sand bagging a driver of his caliber would not embarress themselves by handing over wins. It seems to me that Jeff and Steve Letarte are not communicating as well as they have in the past. A couple of bad breaks in the season such as at the Glen and a couple of poor finishes in the chase killed his chances at the cup. JMO

sldgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NASCAR history made today

for the fourth time in that many years arrogance reigns supreme
who says $$$$$$$$$$ can't buy happiness

Top Bottom