My On-Road Adventure!

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Makes me want to jump on the bike and start riding.
Stupid money making, bill paying job.
How was the fatbob on a long trip? Furthest I've gone on mine is Toad Rock.

My man rides the Fat Bob and he is really comfortable on it even on these long trips! We are talking about getting Street Glides for our next bikes-having cruise and tunes would sure be fabulous for our long road trips! :d

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Great pics....... brings back a lot of good memories of past bike trips!! :d:beer:

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
My man rides the Fat Bob and he is really comfortable on it even on these long trips! We are talking about getting Street Glides for our next bikes-having cruise and tunes would sure be fabulous for our long road trips! :d

just use a mp3 player like me on the ninja

all u need is a power usb adapter and u can charge it up on every fuel station if u leave it plugged in for a bit

i even made the ninja capable of plugging in my navi system :)

cruise control u also can add to ure existing bike !

really no need to buy a ugly bike with factory stereo thats just ugly :)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just use a mp3 player like me on the ninja

all u need is a power usb adapter and u can charge it up on every fuel station if u leave it plugged in for a bit

i even made the ninja capable of plugging in my navi system :)

cruise control u also can add to ure existing bike !

really no need to buy a ugly bike with factory stereo thats just ugly :)
lol....nothing like cruising down the highway, satellite radio pumping tunes out and enjoying the scenery, rather than being bent over like a dog humping a football riding a crotch rocket Foss....:d

digipics02153Medium.jpg

Reactions: ice

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
at least ill be 2 hours earlier at my destination and can hump other things !!!

i friggin hate bikes with stereo on it (might as well buy a car)

guess u didnt take the coffeemachine option as well since i dont see it ???

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at least ill be 2 hours earlier at my destination and can hump other things !!!

i friggin hate bikes with stereo on it (might as well buy a car)

guess u didnt take the coffeemachine option as well since i dont see it ???
lol...it's not mine. a good buddy lets me use it once in a while, but if I ever get old and feeble enough that the dual sport gets too tough to ride it would be the harley I would buy :d

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score
Awsome pics Skinny. I've been through Death Valley on a fat boy. Got stopped in Indian Springs for 75 in a 45. Cop was nice and let me off.

Cheap cruise control is a Throttle Rocker (~$10) see pic.

I use a set of noise isolating earphones (Shure). I find that I need earplugs anyway, so they might as well be putting out music.

Fossy, you should try a cruiser sometime. They are a lot more relaxing to ride. Especially on long trips. Having said that, they're not nearly as much fun! Nothing like the Bow Valley Parkway at an average speed of 170kph, ehh.

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 100

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
Awsome pics Skinny. I've been through Death Valley on a fat boy. Got stopped in Indian Springs for 75 in a 45. Cop was nice and let me off.

Cheap cruise control is a Throttle Rocker (~$10) see pic.

I use a set of noise isolating earphones (Shure). I find that I need earplugs anyway, so they might as well be putting out music.

Fossy, you should try a cruiser sometime. They are a lot more relaxing to ride. Especially on long trips. Having said that, they're not nearly as much fun! Nothing like the Bow Valley Parkway at an average speed of 170kph, ehh.

thats the cruise i was referring to no need for a new bike if u got that little guy

and for the cruiser part i just dont like the bikes though

i dont doubt they ride nice not at all !

but i just like my rocket and didnt find it to uncomfy 2 years ago when we went 4400km in 6 days to vancouver island and back
only thing that buggered me up was my knees so u let ure legs hang straight back for 4-5 minutes and its good to go again for 2-3h :)

we also talked to a few bikers from calgary on the ferrys and they sayed aint that comfy on there cruisers since u get every bump straight up ure spine which for my part wasnt a issue with a 45lbs backpack cause i lay on the tank :)

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to beat a bagger. I have yet to find a bike I want more then my Ultra. Except maybe a new Ultra. I have found and rode alot of bikes that I would love to park beside it in the garage though.
Those throttle locks are ok, but not great. Electronic cruise is way better, and safer.

hedge

Reaction score
and for the cruiser part i just dont like the bikes though

i dont doubt they ride nice not at all !

but i just like my rocket and didnt find it to uncomfy 2 years ago when we went 4400km in 6 days to vancouver island and back
only thing that buggered me up was my knees so u let ure legs hang straight back for 4-5 minutes and its good to go again for 2-3h :)

agreed, I ride an old man's sport bike (FZ1). I recently road a cruiser for the first time and it was the most uncomfortable thing I could imagine and they don't turn worth a crap. I couldn't wait to get back on my sport bike.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's kind of funny that "Arlen Ness Las Vegas" has nothing but scooters parked out front...

I was thinking the same thing!! LOL

Thanks for the pic's Skinny, I am dying to get out for a nice long ride.

People don't understand what a different experience it is touring on a bike rather than a car or truck!!!

So many roads, So little time! :beer:

Reactions: ice

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My brother and his wife traded their streetglides for softail customs.
I'm waiting to hear if he regrets it yet.

Top Bottom