My Nytro Rebuild

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Well, I started the take apart stage today on my Nytro. Found a few issues that need repair. First of all the exhaust pipe where the bracket that holds it to the tunnel is broken, and broken right through the welds. This was before the turbo. There was a fair size hole with carbon spewing all over. There was a few wear marks in the charge tube as well. Tommorow Im hoping to get the tunnel off. Then time to orde all the parts.

Attachments

• nytro1.jpg
    nytro1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 37
  • nytro2.jpg
    nytro2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 42
  • nytro3.jpg
    nytro3.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 40
  • nytro4.jpg
    nytro4.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 38
  • nytro5.jpg
    nytro5.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The tunnel - metal was too thin, where your feet are at the footwells my feet went through, then it was bending a bit. Got temp bases for the foot wells and they too show stress cracks after 3 rides. I thought mabie I need to loose some weight, mabie this will fix the issues, but I don't have much to loose, so that's ruled out. So I have to replace the tunnel. Tonight I should have it removed then I have to make a material list and make an order. I'll probably get everything when I'm in Vernon. I decided to do myself this time, I'll learn lots of new things on this sled and I think I'm a little anal on this stuff so I will put the extra work into it to get it done right. Good experience though. I allready found other issues too, the exhaust mounting bracket was seperated, a few kinked hoses, very loose bolts in places.

Last edited:

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha kitty kat?! he wants to ride up hills holder not just sit on it

Just because you are adding a turbo doesnt mean that your gonna get further up the hills without getting bigger grapefruits there buddy!! We will see who is doing more sitting at the bottom buddy!! LOL Let the trash talking begin!! It is getting closer I can smell the snow.

Top Bottom