My New Polaris 2010 600 Switchback

Sweet_1

Reaction score
Got my new sled at Christmas and was looking at it sitting on the trailer and noticed a small clear tube coming out on the left ( while sitting ) by my foot. anyone know what that is ? I suppose I could dig out my manual but its so much more fun to come on here and ask the experts.
I also noticed a small black oil spot on the trailer again on the same side where the arm of the ski comes out and looked under the hood and saw it was coming from a black tube that appears to drain from something ?

4strokin'

Reaction score
just guessing, but i would say the clear tube would be your gas tank vent, and the black one is from your exaust valve solenoid.

Sweet_1

Reaction score
so what would be the oily like substance coming from the black tube ?

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 Polaris Switchback and I am finding the same black oily subtance as well. What is the Solenoid for?

Sweet_1

Reaction score
talked to my Polaris service guy and he said the black stuff is oil coming from the exhaust solenoid. 2 strokes don't burn all the oil so it will drip out in small amounts from the tube that runs from it. So 4strokin, you were correct as well as on the vent tube for the fuel tank. Thanks :)

Top Bottom