My "Little" Build

seanc

Reaction score
well its time to upgrade the old ski doo. It is a 2009 Summit 800X 163". Mods already done over last summer are: Team Tied Secondary, SLP Full Exhaust, 19t Top Gear, V-Force Reeds, and a clutch kit.

Plans for this summer are: T-Motion, S-36 Front End, Xtreme Air Vents Rear Suspension, Dave's Infamous 872 Kit with a new crank, and a few other odds and ends.

Already have most of the parts just finding time to work on her is a little difficult. Will post pics and complications, and hopefully some success stories, along the way.

T-motion put together, waiting on rear shock and new high fax

skidoo2_zpsd6f7e081.jpg

Another angle

skidoo_zpsf6c4e2e5.jpg

seanc

Reaction score
S-36 installed

let me tell you s-36 + t-motion + c3 = can pull over standing off sled with one hand on handle bars.

20130410_205733_zps58383e2e.jpg

20130410_205733_zps58383e2e.jpg

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool looks like a fun build, see if you can find yourself a set of the newer spindles they compliment the post forward and the t-motion well.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you might want to box the bottom brackets on ur t-motion. my cousin and his group broke 3 in 4 weeks. the welds broke in the same place on all 3. they were breakin on the trail in or out each time. it was breakin where it connects to the rails. the area where it looks like a letter y upside down.

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the tmotion and s36 on my 09 50th ann. all this year. wanting to do the steering post this summer, and with those 2 and new skis and track it wasn't the same sled at all. I had to go through a learning curve again. haha you'll love the way it handles in the snow.

mine and my buddy's tmotion had no issues this year though. and I jumped mine a little bit. but I'm not much of a jumper.

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh and one thing I would Highly recommend while you're going this build get the 2012 skis or the 2013 spindles and skis.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice build! The one thing that you should do is get a new track! That ported doo track is no good! Find an old stile camo X 2.5" or see if you can find a take off 2.5" off the new summits. That will be your best bang for the buck mod you can doo!

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would also HIGHLY recommend an upgraded thermostat and a rave valve mod. You may find with your new power adders it will run into heat fade and rpm loss faster.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would also HIGHLY recommend an upgraded thermostat and a rave valve mod. You may find with your new power adders it will run into heat fade and rpm loss faster.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS
Dave will probly set him up with his water manifold.? Cheers

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not convinced thats the answer, that being said ive never used one.

Deano

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not convinced thats the answer, that being said ive never used one.

Deano
we have tested the water manifold between two other thermostat housing and the water manifold was cooler every time .It works very well with the 872.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have tested the water manifold between two other thermostat housing and the water manifold was cooler every time .It works very well with the 872.

How cool is cool though, some heat is required.

Deano

rylester331

Reaction score
well its time to upgrade the old ski doo. It is a 2009 Summit 800X 163". Mods already done over last summer are: Team Tied Secondary, SLP Full Exhaust, 19t Top Gear, V-Force Reeds, and a clutch kit.

Plans for this summer are: T-Motion, S-36 Front End, Xtreme Air Vents Rear Suspension, Dave's Infamous 872 Kit with a new crank, and a few other odds and ends.

Already have most of the parts just finding time to work on her is a little difficult. Will post pics and complications, and hopefully some success stories, along the way.

T-motion put together, waiting on rear shock and new high fax

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/seanc_wa/skidoo2_zpsd6f7e081.jpg

Another angle

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/seanc_wa/skidoo_zpsf6c4e2e5.jpg
HahA

hey I have 09xp 163 aswell and I an looking to do her up this summer , I was looking into the same stuff you have done !! Any tips or advice,??

Top Bottom