My last ride of the season

-rossco-

Reaction score
Well today was a long one me and a buddy tried gettin up allan today which turned more of into a hike then anything we walked from about km4.5 to km 6 and there was no snow insight so we walked back down to the sleds and road back to the truck at 3.5 km. We went over to climina which was a blast we hit snow at km 12 with the truck and unloaded we got to the cabin and found the one and only snow bridge to get across which gave away by the tiome we got back down which forced us to build a jump which was actually fun. i probed the snow up higher above the cabin kinda by the hill climb and only about 5 inches of the the top was sticken out. i was suprised.
Might have some pics up tonight we will see.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well just got back from clemina, drove to km 13 the first day and got stuck in a snowbank about 3 feet deep. had to unload the sleds and trailer to get out.
we made just past the cabin when we encountered problems with a vector.
first problem was a oil leak but fixed it, and the valves sounded like they needed to be adjusted, so we towed it out. phoned the yamaha dealer the next morning and they said it was from bad fuel ( 98 % chance). So we drain all the fuel and added new fuel. ( they also said it would take about 5km of driving to get the rest out of the system) Well we headed up the km 13 & unloaded, we made it about .5 km and the motor let go. lucky the dealer said yamaha warranty the motor. the third day we made it to km 14 & unloaded .
only went for a few hours . the snow around the cabin was less than a foot, but found areas with 5 to 8 feet. talk to a guy up on the mountain and he said they are putting a pipeline in up there. So no more trips this year.

-rossco-

Reaction score
wat do you mean a pipe, how far did u go to find those snowbridges we had one by the cabin but let go when we got back so we jumped it. I had fun where you guys the only ones up there that day.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i meant pipeline (sorry), we crossed at the first trial in (about km 15.5), it was a log bridge with snow on it, there was also one snowbridge about halfway between cabin and avanache valley but it broke when we crossed it , and we were the only ones riding up there. the guy i talked to was running a hoe . he said that thsi week were going to start digging for a pipeline to go in. he didn't say were tho.

Top Bottom