My 2010 Assault RMK

PETRC

Reaction score
I just got a 2010 800 Assault RMK two weeks ago and took it to Mcbride BC (renshaw). It handles like a dream and pulls like a freight train!! I love this sled and am glad I bought one despite all the bad 2009 reviews.. The only thing I noticed with this sled is that It is not quite as good with high marking in deeper snow. My friends were riding (04 king cat) and (09 Rev) could do some very steep high marking in very deep snow, but my assault would get close to theirs and then sink the back end bad once it got deeper.. Just wondering what anyone else thinks who owns a 2010 assault. Do you have any problems high marking?

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, that track is deffinetely not designed for climbing, too hard and only 2" paddle. If you want to make some marks on the hill, just get some short rail extensions and a 155" 2.4 polaris track, I think that combo would be kick ass on an assault. JMO

GRD

Reaction score
Like the other guys have mentioned.... The track is a bit different and not as good for making the mark... the rmk dragon is poo's hi-mark sled.

I just got a 2010 800 Assault RMK two weeks ago and took it to Mcbride BC (renshaw). It handles like a dream and pulls like a freight train!! I love this sled and am glad I bought one despite all the bad 2009 reviews.. The only thing I noticed with this sled is that It is not quite as good with high marking in deeper snow. My friends were riding (04 king cat) and (09 Rev) could do some very steep high marking in very deep snow, but my assault would get close to theirs and then sink the back end bad once it got deeper.. Just wondering what anyone else thinks who owns a 2010 assault. Do you have any problems high marking?

shakey

Reaction score
yes what most others said is right ,,ive got a 09 dragon 155 track and it climbs with , xp 800 and 1000 cats ,,,

H_bomb

Reaction score
I'm working a deal with a guy to get his 163 inch track and rails from his 09 D8. He's upgrading to a 174. PM me if you are interested in my 155" track and rails. An Assault with a 155 x 2.4 would be the ultimate sled.

PETRC

Reaction score
I'm working a deal with a guy to get his 163 inch track and rails from his 09 D8. He's upgrading to a 174. PM me if you are interested in my 155" track and rails. An Assault with a 155 x 2.4 would be the ultimate sled.

how hard would it be to switch my assault to a 155'' X 2.4 ?
Also, I heard the competition track for the assault is actually designed for quick snow clear out which makes it trench bad, SO.. Im wondering if I could climb a lot better if i just went out and got a different 146" track with 2.5'' lugs.. ? that may work a bit better?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it would fit but a 146" 16 wide doo track would be awesome.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Go withe RMK track should be a take off track at a dealer, phone around then u will have a climber

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before you go switchn that track out, find out how much spring riding you are going to be doing? I know that is when I do alot of my riding and that stiff track in semi-set up conditions is a blast!!! If highmarking is your #1 priority Im sorry to say but you bought the wrong sled. I posted a few reviews about the sled last year and was trying to warn guys that it is a purpose built machine wich shines on drops ,boondocking and narrow sketchy schutes but its highmark capabilities are passable, not great!!! I did end up getting the challenger extreme 2.5 146 to compensate for the trenching but wont have a fair review for it cuz Ill be runnin boost for the first time when I try it out! Not tryin to be a downer, just tryin to get the word out so guys dont choose the assault for the wrong riding application. As I said though, give that track a chance in the spring and it will shredd!!!!

PETRC

Reaction score
Before you go switchn that track out, find out how much spring riding you are going to be doing? I know that is when I do alot of my riding and that stiff track in semi-set up conditions is a blast!!! If highmarking is your #1 priority Im sorry to say but you bought the wrong sled. I posted a few reviews about the sled last year and was trying to warn guys that it is a purpose built machine wich shines on drops ,boondocking and narrow sketchy schutes but its highmark capabilities are passable, not great!!! I did end up getting the challenger extreme 2.5 146 to compensate for the trenching but wont have a fair review for it cuz Ill be runnin boost for the first time when I try it out! Not tryin to be a downer, just tryin to get the word out so guys dont choose the assault for the wrong riding application. As I said though, give that track a chance in the spring and it will shredd!!!!

so the 146X2.5 challenger track fit good on your assault? if so, i may buy that aswell for my assault.

Top Bottom