MX to Offroad conversion

Reaction score
Hey guys I am riding a 04 Rm 250 that I picked up a few years back on the trails this year and I was wondering what you guys would suggest to make it more of a trail bike.

Even though it is a bigger bike I would like to be able to do hare scrambles so larger gas tank

I am already planning on redoing the chain and making the rear sprocket taller ( I am thinking 3-5 teeth)

Picking up hand guards as well!

Thanks guys :)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here we need headlight/taillight to be legal on crown land, not sure about in ontario but you could get a lighting coil for it to run them. IMS makes some decent aftermarket fuel tanks to extend your range, some skid plates may be a good idea too. go to an 18" rear wheel if it has a 19" stock, more rubber between the rim and the ground is favourable for trail riding especially in rocky terrain. make sure your silencer has an approved spark arrestor, you can be fined if it doesn't say it on the silencer. (here anyways)

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its required in your area you can get push in cone style or end cap style spark arresters for many stock silencers on ebay for cheap. Slip on silencers probably start at $100 which wouldn't be a bad idea as the packing in your stock one is likely shot.

I would suggest some bark busters if you plan on riding in any tight terrain. Last thing you need is a branch catching your brake hand/lever. Picture wide open in whatever gear and having the front brake slammed on when you least expect it.

Pick up some Engine Ice. It helps keep the motor cooler when moving in slower terrain.

As mentioned, a flywheel weight is a nice idea. It helps tame the motor for scrambles. You may lose a little snap but the rotating mass helps lug the 2-stroke motor through the tight stuff.

Top Bottom