Muteki trail hog- anyone running these?

Vets07

Reaction score
had these studded on for 1 and a half winters now. I came from duratracs that had wore out switched because of price. Ive only ran them in the winter so don't know about mud performance but deep snow they are good and ice they are good nothing like a set of hakkapalita's but a lot better then an all season. I've got 20000km on them now and have nothing bad to say about them. the studded deffinatly helps on black ice compared to the duratracs non studded that i had. hope that helps

baker8

Reaction score
I've ran both duratracs and trail hogs pretty close to the same tire I would go with whichever has a better price both work well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seen46

Reaction score
I've had bad luck with trail hogs. They were impossible to balance and would vibrate the whole truck BAD at speed. after getting them re-balanced over 4 times and fighting with Kal Tire i got a appointment on there road force balancer which confirmed what i thought. All 4 tires were out of round and they exchanged them with ko2's. When i bought the tires they kinda warned me they were having bad luck with them. They also wore much quicker then my Duratrac's previously and they were also made in Taiwan verses the USA for the Duratrac's. so cant say i can recommend them over the Duratrac unless they were 1/2 the price. maybe i got a bad batch? who knows but Kal Tire hinted this wasn't the first time.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had bad luck with trail hogs. They were impossible to balance and would vibrate the whole truck BAD at speed. after getting them re-balanced over 4 times and fighting with Kal Tire i got a appointment on there road force balancer which confirmed what i thought. All 4 tires were out of round and they exchanged them with ko2's. When i bought the tires they kinda warned me they were having bad luck with them. They also wore much quicker then my Duratrac's previously and they were also made in Taiwan verses the USA for the Duratrac's. so cant say i can recommend them over the Duratrac unless they were 1/2 the price. maybe i got a bad batch? who knows but Kal Tire hinted this wasn't the first time.

When I was looking for tires a couple years ago I asked a salesman at Kal tire about the Trail Hogs, he said he didn't recommend them and wasn't sure why they were even selling them because they were junk.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been running a set of 325-60-20 for couple yrs now.I used to run duratracs but they were on backorder when I needed new skins. Decided to give these tires a try. They have done well in both snow and mud, approx 50,000k on them now still got good life yet. I'd put another set on forsure.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have studded 17" on our Dodge 3500 and studded 20" on Chev 1500. So far so good on both. 4 seasons!

highlandrider

Reaction score
Been running the trail hogs for about 30000km so far and find they are very noisy on highway, but good traction in the mud and snow. I had to get one replaced due to a broken bead, Kal tire had a couple come in with same broken bead.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run duratracs 285/60R20 and the bro in law has trail hogs 275/65r18. Both on RAM 3500's, biggest difference is trail hogs howl at highway speed compared to duratracs, I go crazy in that truck after 20 mins.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Had a similar experience...couldn't get them balanced and ended up ditching them. As far as price they aren't cheaper...had a sales guy from Kal quote me a price last week and they were $313/tire for 275/65/18 I went to fountain tire and paid $299/tire for 295/65/18 and got a $40 mail in rebate also for a bigger tire. I would stick with the Duratracs

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail hog is a lot stiffer/harder then the Duratrac. I've seen the Duratrac get an extra 20,000 kms compared to trail hog. Same issue with balancing, not all but a lot. Trail hog weighs almost twice as much as Duratrac. Trail hog is also almost as much as the trail hog now. Canadian Tire has good prices my in Duratrac, just don't get them installed there. They tell you you need to do an alignment and bunch of other bs or no warranty. We've got warranty by contacting Godd Year direct.

Top Bottom