RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be an Alberta truck driver today.

Alberta truck driver takes out I5 Skagit Bridgebetween Vancouver and Seattle

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might have a few questions for the pilot vehicle driver as well. Maybe he is from BC?:rolleyes:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone should be embarrassed it would be the USA for its decaying infrastructor.
They have all kinds of money to fight BS wars and give billions to bankers but no money for new bridges?? WTF

Bridges in Alberta are in very good shape,,a truck hitting them shouldnt make them
collapse in the first place.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The moral of this story....load to big for bridge=broken bridge

Chunk

Reaction score
Pretty unreal that the bridge collapsed and the load hardly looks damaged

Ballard

Reaction score
If anyone should be embarrassed it would be the USA for its decaying infrastructor.
They have all kinds of money to fight BS wars and give billions to bankers but no money for new bridges?? WTF

Bridges in Alberta are in very good shape,,a truck hitting them shouldnt make them
collapse in the first place.

We have had 2 hit in town "ft mac" in the last 4 months and they are still standing and being road on and not fixed yet...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking at the pictures on the news he made it all the way across the bridge and hit the last section with the upper front passenger side corner of the building. looked like an empty pump building. if clearance to the sides was that tight the pilot car should have stopped traffic on the bridge, he may have gotten crowded over by oncoming traffic. driver from spruce grove, and a mullen production.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking at the pictures on the news he made it all the way across the bridge and hit the last section with the upper front passenger side corner of the building. looked like an empty pump building. if clearance to the sides was that tight the pilot car should have stopped traffic on the bridge, he may have gotten crowded over by oncoming traffic. driver from spruce grove, and a mullen production.

Everybody is throwing the driver under the bus. Like I said shouldn't the pilot car driver have some splaining to do?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everybody is throwing the driver under the bus. Like I said shouldn't the pilot car driver have some splaining to do?
he had all the proper permits in place, mullen doesn't fawk around. they would have measured that load every which way knowing it was going that far south, and permitted accordingly. they will try to hang the driver tho, mullen has their own insurance and lots of high priced lawyers. if they stand behind their driver will be another thing....they are famous for washing their hands of leased guys when they have an accident.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be embarrassed if a building on a truck could cause my bridge to collapse while sustaining only minor damage.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be embarrassed if a building on a truck could cause my bridge to collapse while sustaining only minor damage.
agreed. I watched a dude mow thru a bridge on the Bald Mountain Tower road loaded with a buncher and a skidder on one load....the buncher head was up on the gooseneck and the stick caught the main beam and about 4 more after that, bridge was still good other than missing a lot of iron....

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drive throu the tunnels at rodgers pass and see how many time they have been hit they seem to be standing strong!!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was an overpass that colapsed in Missouri today, hasnt been confirmed
but im sure Alberta is behind this.

3EE36B74C223397581ED12B07ABC.jpg

Top Bottom