Muslim Belief

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haggis i wish i could belive in something like you, I truley do but i cant.

:):) I remember saying something like that not too long ago myself. I believe that God reveals himself to those that seek - again the Bible says if you seek you shall find. Those are good questions and not trivial by any means Scotts. Google 'Answers in Genesis' and i believe you will be on your way.

brucehiscott

Reaction score
I grew up with Muslim friends and was raised Catholic. The people who give religions a bad name are the fundamentalist. It amazes me how quickly everyone forgot about Timothy McVeigh after 9/11 and all the sudden the only people who were terrorist were Muslim. The biggest terrorist threat to the USA as stated by the government are the animal activist. I believe everyone has the right to choose what they want to believe but don't push it on anyone else, thats when it gets ugly. There was also a comment hinting at Obama being a Muslim earlier in the thread, well if that man is a Muslim I'm fine with that, better then a retard Texan who believe he was doing Gods work.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I grew up with Muslim friends and was raised Catholic. The people who give religions a bad name are the fundamentalist. It amazes me how quickly everyone forgot about Timothy McVeigh after 9/11 and all the sudden the only people who were terrorist were Muslim. The biggest terrorist threat to the USA as stated by the government are the animal activist. I believe everyone has the right to choose what they want to believe but don't push it on anyone else, thats when it gets ugly. There was also a comment hinting at Obama being a Muslim earlier in the thread, well if that man is a Muslim I'm fine with that, better then a retard Texan who believe he was doing Gods work.

Well if your fine with that then you might be just another spineless Canadian. So sad. This is the problem with so many Canadians, we stand for nothing and fall for anything. Study the Muslim belief and you may change your mind. Can you imagine the US being run by a Muslim?? Give yur head a shake.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I think Batman would kick jesus's ass, If I need to choose a god bat man is definitly shortlisted....no need to walk on water (have you seen batmans boat), selflessly fighting for the better good of all.... and be f^&ed if anyone is gonna nail batmans a$$ to a stake.....

Vote Batman for GOD of Canada

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK god created adam and eve, so far iam with the story, they had two sons. This is where i get lost. where do all the rest of us come from?

Haggis i wish i could belive in something like you, I truley do but i cant.

What about the untold millions of peolple who lived lives hundreds and thousands of years before christianity,islam or a multitude of other modern day religions. Are their beliefs and gods mere shams of old, but not ours its the real one.
If there is a god a greater power, an almighty i think the bible, the koran these books written by men will come as close to describing this power as a comicbook will serve as an instruction manule for a nucler reactor.

as for the bible qoute how do you explain the FACT that it was written by over 60 different authors and thousands of years yet all the prophets told of things that actually happened thousands of years later and the authors who wrote years later qouted things that the prophets did and wrote about long before any of these books were ever found?

brucehiscott

Reaction score
So Scotty what you are saying is that a radical right wing Christian would be better then any Muslim? And I said if he was a Muslim, I don't care what religion you are I care more about the quality of the person. And to say that I am spineless because I have my own opinion is a bit harsh. I am proud to live in Canada mainly because we are not a melting pot but because we accept every culture and allow them to be them. I would vote for a person of the Muslim faith or any other faith for that matter as long as I believed what they did politically. In the states so much is put on a elected officials faith, when it should be more focused on what that person can do for the country. Oh and Obama isn't a Muslim, he does have Muslim relatives, but was raised Christian.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Scotty what you are saying is that a radical right wing Christian would be better then any Muslim? And I said if he was a Muslim, I don't care what religion you are I care more about the quality of the person. And to say that I am spineless because I have my own opinion is a bit harsh. I am proud to live in Canada mainly because we are not a melting pot but because we accept every culture and allow them to be them. I would vote for a person of the Muslim faith or any other faith for that matter as long as I believed what they did politically. In the states so much is put on a elected officials faith, when it should be more focused on what that person can do for the country. Oh and Obama isn't a Muslim, he does have Muslim relatives, but was raised Christian.

Brucehiscott.... You make very valid points. I was referring to wishy washy Canadians when I said spineless. Sorry, not directed at you. Just bothers me that most Canadians, in my opinion, are too passive. I wish we as a nation were Sometimes less tolerant of certain things and took a stand against things that may errode OUR way of life in this Great country.

Top Bottom