Muskoka Freerider

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s cool they like chute climbing. Seem like its making a bit of a comeback with all the turbo sleds around these days.
True. It’s cool to see Chute climbing is back !!
I remember getting my ultralightweight still over 650lb lol nytro stuck in crazy spots. I’m not a sled flipper. I’d Dig it out and ride it down. Over 50 grand in those sleds those days.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True. It’s cool to see Chute climbing is back !!
I remember getting my ultralightweight still over 650lb lol nytro stuck in crazy spots. I’m not a sled flipper. I’d Dig it out and ride it down. Over 50 grand in those sleds those days.

Ive done/ tried many of the famous Revy chutes on basically stock 800 etec's. Some times she went, some times she didn't.

It was always on hard pack because that's the only way you are doing it on a stock 800. So when you don't make it, it can get ugly.

Biggest thing was not getting nailed by the sled as you tumbled down the hill in front of it......

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can only watch so many re entries and bow ties. Not that it doesn’t take skill. It is just not as thrilling to watch as chute climbing. My 2 cents.
I agree, re-entries and bowties are like watching dog chit turn white in the summer.....pretty boring. Chute climbing is far more entertaining

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive done/ tried many of the famous Revy chutes on basically stock 800 etec's. Some times she went, some times she didn't.

It was always on hard pack because that's the only way you are doing it on a stock 800. So when you don't make it, it can get ugly.

Biggest thing was not getting nailed by the sled as you tumbled down the hill in front of it......
Got that right duke ! They are fun. Used to get tangled in trouble lots with my good buddy Rene. Rip

I never rode with him when he was guiding as I end up ski tugging all day. It was only when all the Riff Raff had gone home and we would slay late season in the springtime. One time I had a m7 with a 900bb and nos. I got famously stuck in the Eagles 10 feet from the top of retard climb on slush and hard pack. Rene named it after me it’s now the kitty cat chute. It was crazy Big for 2006. lol when I finally got down, knees were like jello. I didn’t reclimb it right away. But we went back at the end of the day and I pulled it right to the top that time. What a rush !

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got that right duke ! They are fun. Used to get tangled in trouble lots with my good buddy Rene. Rip

I never rode with him when he was guiding as I end up ski tugging all day. It was only when all the Riff Raff had gone home and we would slay late season in the springtime. One time I had a m7 with a 900bb and nos. I got famously stuck in the Eagles 10 feet from the top of retard climb on slush and hard pack. Rene named it after me it’s now the kitty cat chute. It was crazy Big for 2006. lol when I finally got down, knees were like jello. I didn’t reclimb it right away. But we went back at the end of the day and I pulled it right to the top that time. What a rush !

Rode with Rene a bunch of times. Mostly we'd run into him at Eagles way back.

Sucks what happen'd , hopefully Muskoka doesn't suffer the same fate. He had some close calls this season.

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode with Rene a Bunch of times. Mostly we'd run into him at Eagles way back.

Sucks what happen'd , hopefully Muskoka doesn't suffer the same fate. He had some close calls this season.
Super sad for sure. His birthday just passed again.
I’m pretty sure I saw you out in the back of eagles by the tongue.
Also You and I almost rode together one day back when we were awesome. A young guy from Revi had a brain aneurism or something. Kalon ?? he worked in oilfield had a girlfriend who’s name? I also can’t remember. Anyways He was a buddy of yours. I needed someone to ride with one day. he told me I should hook up with you. So I Met you at Zalas. We had a few drinks, but it turned out you were taking the next day off riding. Maybe it’s a good thing we never rode together 😂 Might have been trouble.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super sad for sure. His birthday just passed again.
I’m pretty sure I saw you out in the back of eagles by the tongue.
Also You and I almost rode together one day back when we were awesome. A young guy from Revi had a brain aneurism or something. Kalon ?? he worked in oilfield had a girlfriend who’s name? I also can’t remember. Anyways He was a buddy of yours. I needed someone to ride with one day. he told me I should hook up with you. So I Met you at Zalas. We had a few drinks, but it turned out you were taking the next day off riding. Maybe it’s a good thing we never rode together 😂 Might have been trouble.

I remember meeting you at Zalas. Yup kalon got brain cancer. Sucks cause he was my main send it riding buddy. Most my friends like trees but Kalon likes big air.

He lives in Revy still, doing good now, just got married a year ago but no more booters ☹️

Screenshot_20240522_182813_Instagram.jpg

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember meeting you at Zalas. Yup kalon got brain cancer. Sucks cause he was my main send it riding buddy. Most my friends like trees but Kalon likes big air.

He lives in Revy still, doing good now, just got married a year ago but no more booters ☹️

View attachment 283498
Its a small world. Glad to hear he’s doing good. Probably the nicest most positive young man I ever met. He also just started dating his girlfriend at the time and she stuck with him through all of it. Crazy story, also how his family all put up the money to save his life. of course socialized medicine here was no good

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a small world. Glad to hear he’s doing good. Probably the nicest most positive young man I ever met. He also just started dating his girlfriend at the time and she stuck with him through all of it. Crazy story, also how his family all put up the money to save his life. of course socialized medicine here was no good

Yup good girl. He ended up getting treatment in Thailand and Los Angels. The medical options in Canada weren't looking too good I guess.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
surprised hes doing a 174. makes it pretty useless for anything else but i suppose hes got enough sleds for all conditions and riding styles. Wonder if he will throw a little tune at it. He might have trouble deleting that fancy guage and shot. theres alot that goes into the engineering of resistance in the harnesses etc. You start deleting some of that stuff and it can be troublesome. i know forsure he will need a different harness to run the lighter guage.

Top Bottom