Muskoka Freerider

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very sad story, Ben put 50+ hours into the sled and I helped him dial it in the weekend before in Valemount and it was working very well but the tune didn’t take so he had to reflash it again hence the additional test day that ended bad and so grateful that the fellow did not get hurt, I will say Matt would have been impressed because not only was it much faster but the traction with the doo track is incredible. On a side note, I hated the finger throttle and complained about it bitterly ha ha, they should be banned from sleds in my opinion.
I’ve had a finger throttle for 3 years now and have never had an issue, not sure why they should be banned lol, and does anyone know if this was the culprit?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve had a finger throttle for 3 years now and have never had an issue, not sure why they should be banned lol, and does anyone know if this was the culprit?

I have never liked them, the issue I had with the sled I rode, the throttle was setup for his hand. When I released the throttle, it would sometimes get stuck under the glove of my middle finger, and act like a stuck throttle.
I seen a vid tonight of a G5, and the rider claimed the throttle stuck and problem with the throttle was with the throttle block, but it looked like a finger throttle to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I often see sleds that have had the bars/risers/throttle changed and they have done a shitty job of routing or securing the excess. Seems pretty simple, but I wouldn't be surprised if this contributes to some of the 'stuck throttle' scenarios.

I remember not so long ago when taller risers were common and cables were too short. People would fail to extend it and turning the bars would pull the throttle.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t forget the left hand throttles. Seen plenty of wrecks with those. Grab the brake but grab the throttle instead. 🤦‍♂️

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never used one except on a jet ski but I think it would be a nice option. Not perfect in every situation but neither is the thumb throttle

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To each there own lol if u like it run it if u dont, dont. I run one and have some friends who tryed it and loved it and others hated it it comes down to personal preference i feel much more in control with it. Muskoka seems to like it and he seems like a pretty good rider.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Now that the world knows that Altitude wreck Matts sled, the phone calls of support has been something that I was not expecting. So many people appreciate Matt and the content he creates, that I have had business's call and ask to donate some cash to help out in this shitty situation. I declined and asked if they needed parts for their sleds and many people have bought a ton of product to help with this ordeal.

Thank you to everyone for the kind words of support. Im glad that the rider didn't get badly injured, it could have been a lot worse. Matt and I have been in conversation and Altitude will support him with either cash or a replacement sled, whatever works best for him.

I was so looking forward to seeing him on a 200hp sled...

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Video link removed, not working. Admin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom