Municipal Elections... Just want to....

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
....make sure I don't Fawk up..
Both Referendums Yes & Yes I tend to rise early so its always dark, and equalization a no brainer....
Aside from the colour of their sites is there a definitive way to determine their political orientation
Mayor: Mike Nickel - Seems to be conservative...
Councillor: Tyler Zutz - I'm thinking conservative/Peoples party
Catholic SchoolBoard: No Idea...Terry Harris seems to be the only one on the site...
Public School Board: Sherri Okeef - A few disparaging comments on the way things were run...Again No idea..
Senate Candidates: Easy there as their "political parties are included"
Here is the link:
https://www.edmonton.ca/city_government/municipal_elections/for-voters

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In addition while All important, the equalization referendum is Big...

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bigger issue is St. Albert uses DOMINION VOTING MACHINES !!!!

When I brought it up they all laughed at me and told me to call the city...I most certainly did !! Left a message and awaiting them to call back
P.S vote sheldon gron, my person friend / co worker. Works at the dodge dealer,ozone major lite lolool

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can we talk about this referendum a bit?, I’m not up to speed on what’s going on, but heard a rumour if this vote goes no it will be awhile before anything on the list will be brought up again???
Thanks

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can we talk about this referendum a bit?, I’m not up to speed on what’s going on, but heard a rumour if this vote goes no it will be awhile before anything on the list will be brought up again???
Thanks
I watched on danielle smith today and it was brought up
Even if it is yes, dont mean much, all it means is now there is UN DENIABLE EVIDENE the citizens of alberta at pissed off. The elected leaders can now take that vote use the information to actually start the momentum to stop equalizations, or if it is no then it is game over

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A big part of the intention here is to ensure I and any like minded ( assuming the overwhelming majority on this board are conservative/right ) do not install/vote for left wing municipal candidates…
As far as the referendum goes, it’s gotta start at this level…

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A big part of the intention here is to ensure I and any like minded ( assuming the overwhelming majority on this board are conservative/right ) do not install/vote for left wing municipal candidates…
As far as the referendum goes, it’s gotta start at this level…

How do, or would a person find out where a municipal candidate stands?

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not entirely sure, within the link in my 1st post ea candidate has a link to their sites which gives an overview of their platform..
From there it seems the interpretation is open,,, it also seems ea candidates web page background colour would be the same as the federal party they support… however I’ve no way of confirming this…
For instance I did email Tyler Zutz his response was pretty “ vague” other than he mentioned he had supported conservatives in the past,,,, His site background colour would indicate people’s party…
So hence this thread….

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why yes for daylight savings. Is it not better to have it light in the morning ? Not sure if it really matters. Am i missing something)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Why yes for daylight savings. Is it not better to have it light in the morning ? Not sure if it really matters. Am i missing something)
I dont understand this one either. To me, if they are going to do it. It should be daylight standard time. Not daylight savings time.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why change. Are we all not happy with how it is now? I think we are all intelligent enough to figure how to change our clocks twice a year. More sun means more fun.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Changing clocks twice a year certainly is not a difficult task, however it Just seems unessesary…

On an unrelated side note we should be getting some pretty wicked northern lights tonight….
The lights were awesome
061F022E-0C25-4599-8DB8-18757BEAB0A6.jpeg

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Why change. Are we all not happy with how it is now? I think we are all intelligent enough to figure how to change our clocks twice a year. More sun means more fun.
Apparently it causes people anxiety or something...... Some people's young kids have a hard time adjusting? I don't know. I think we should just leave it alone......

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are the 2 referendum questions on the ballot, one for the equalization payments to cease, and the Daylight Savings Time.
The vote for the equalization payments is 'to gage interest from the public" to keep them or get rid of them.
The vote for Daylight Savings Time is binding. WTF? A referendum is an information gathering tool.

If the majority vote yes on the time change referendum question on Oct. 18, that change would happen after the fall of 2022.

According to the province, the vote “will be binding" and “all decisions taken will balance the will of Albertans.”

Crustyolddude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chec
check with your chamber of commerce. Many have posted on YouTube your exact question.
example here is Fort Saskatchewan candidates and question period.

Lamont Candidates

Camrose Candidates

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer staying light later in the evening.

I think the Alberta vote will be yes for both IMO

Top Bottom