Mud Trucks..

OffroadMayhem

Reaction score
Well, i Haven't seen much other than Jeeps and Quads on here so i thought i would throw some Long wheel Base Chevy Power on here.

To Begin with i am Glen, i am 19 years old and been wheeling since i was 16, Started with a 85 yota pickup, moved onto a 85 chev Longbox with 15inch lift, 44inch sTs's, and a Cammed up 350 with a highrise.

Below:

85.jpg

85hottub.jpg

I then went to a 76 GMC with a stock 454.. this didnt last long as i had problems with axles..

Below:
76gmc1php.jpg

I then Decided i wanted to go big or go home... My hometown has Muddrags every year and i wanted to be the biggest loudest and baddest there. so i took a 90s suburban witha 350, pulled out the 350, and dropped my old 454 into it, after boring 30 over and putting a nice rotating assembly with a big cam into it, we figure she is easily a 550 horse motor, as it does break torques with my 45inch ag tires on dry pavement. I then sourced a dana60 front and a conventianal 14 bolt for the rear, welded them up and put them underneath, shackles and 6 inch lift leaf packs among other things are what makes my 21 inches of lift. NO BODY LIFT!, the hydro assist is thanks to the Old mans Burnt Combine, taking the orbital motor out of it and hooking it up to the power steering works awesome! more things to add possibly later... here are a few pictures for now..

i present OVERKILL!:

burban.jpg

Overkill.jpg

workinontheburban.jpg

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wild looking red neck truck. Any in the mud shots of it?

How does it corner?????????

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! nothing says "good times" like Dwight Yoakam in a chevy hottub!

OffroadMayhem

Reaction score
haha it handles good, i have rancho 9000 shocks all around, and i have em set on 1, so she is a little sloppy, and dives, but she flexes!!!

as for mud shots, she has only been stuck once, it took a skidder and my dads tractor oh and 1200 feet of tow strap, claimed a 8000lb winch too...

Stuck:
Burbanstuck.jpg

Flex:
flex.jpg

OffroadMayhem

Reaction score
Notice the broken Front Drive shaft in the flex pictures? hahaha, this is right after taking 1st place at my first Muddrag with Overkill. i was the only truck to go through the pit all 4 runs.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Notice the broken Front Drive shaft in the flex pictures? hahaha, this is right after taking 1st place at my first Muddrag with Overkill. i was the only truck to go through the pit all 4 runs.

Just thought the lady in the pic had a small issue parking:eek:

OffroadMayhem

Reaction score
hahaha no, some older guys wanted a demo of how i built my truck to flex, as i had the front tire on the roof if a civic, and all other tires touching the ground (minus back right tire, it was on the civic's grill a bit), so i drove up my trailer after the bogs.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That thing is awesome I'm buying my first real mud truck in a couple weeks.I have a 06 f150 with 6 inch lift and 35 procomp mud terrains right now but I'm buying a 79 ford f250 with shortened frame and flat bed that has 9000 pound warn winch that I'm going to build into a mud truck but not quite as big and crazy as overkill but will save me from wreaking my f150.

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it's nothing like overkill and you didn't want to see anymore...... but here's my jeep:D

after seeing overkill it seems pretty lacking....

Dads camera 066.jpg

OffroadMayhem

Reaction score
lol, its a good start, buddy has a jeep like that with a 8 inch lift on 37inch boggers. it goes alright. some people swear by the short wheelbase, i love my long wheel base.

Rowdy Reidy

Reaction score
Wanna make a play date!

Mudder.jpg

NO mud holes around here left to conquer. Also does anyone have some DANA 60s for sale, used up our lifetime supply of 44s. Its got an 454 with a few add ons and a sturdy tranny, set of 42s. Either that or get some rockwells, already have some 48 floaters.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if anyone is looking i have a 94 F350 crew cab, needs inspection, but i will sell for parts, has a dana 60 front, in it.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My old yota. 4inch lift, 33" tires. Went pretty much everywhere and never gave me grief.

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 848

OffroadMayhem

Reaction score
haha, when i get my motor and tranny back in we may have to line one up, and yes, the old yotas are invinceable. will try find pictures of my old one.

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just picked this unit up yesterday, hopefully she does alright in the mud.

Attachments

• DSC00377.jpg
    DSC00377.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 736
  • DSC00378.jpg
    DSC00378.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 743
Top Bottom