Mud lite XTR VS Maxxis Zilla

07grizzly

Reaction score
I am going to buy one of these two brands for my Grizz 700 in a 27" and can not make up my mind. I do my riding up in Northern Albert so its 50 50 mud to trail. Hoping someone can help make up my mind. Any input would be great.

ngg

Reaction score
I have the zilla's my buddy has the mud light xtr's,,,the xtr's hook up Much better in everything,we both have 850xp's he can bring the front end up without effort in places where I just spin. I hope this helps.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the zilla's my buddy has the mud light xtr's,,,the xtr's hook up Much better in everything,we both have 850xp's he can bring the front end up without effort in places where I just spin. I hope this helps.

That`s funny.....

PsionicWiz

Reaction score
I am going to buy one of these two brands for my Grizz 700 in a 27" and can not make up my mind. I do my riding up in Northern Albert so its 50 50 mud to trail. Hoping someone can help make up my mind. Any input would be great.
I have to dissagree with NGG. Many friends have the Mud lite and XTR Lites and truly dont perform anywhere close to the Zilla's in mud. Zilla tires clean out well where the Lite will look like a slick.

My 2 cents

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ridden with guys with xtr's and I can go through quite a bit more with the Zilla's than what the guys with the XTR's can get through. They are about half the wieght that the XTR's are and almost half the price. They last just as long if not longer. lighter version of the mudzilla's so they are designed to hook up well in mud and also ride very well on trails.

Smidgy

Reaction score
i went with the 26" zillas for my bike, to me I don't compare the XTR mudlites to the zillas they are like the plain mud lites as one are radials and one are not. The zillas have a fair bit of roll when they are new but are really smooth compared to mud lites. They are supposed to wear better, but they are a mud type tire so...

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the Zillas. Because.... they're cheaper, lighter, better in mud and wear better. I think the XTR would have a better ride on hard ground though...

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

u can always put zillas on the front and xtr on the rear or vis/versa go for the 27 11 12 xtrs and 27x12x12 zilla, your rims are all the same and you can swap them around, i think the zillas would be better handling on the front becuase of the shape of the tire and the xtrs are more aggressive flat type surface is gonna hook up good on the back..... its just like mating girl guide cookies ,,,, come on ya know ya tried it .... white on black, black on white ,,,, its all good...

ps i LUV.........GG COOKIES.....

OH YA GOOD LUK WITH YOUR TIRE SEARCH

T

grizzly se

Reaction score
I run the Lites on my 700 griz and there is no complaints at all. I run circles in mud and snow and the ride with the radials on trails is #1. my 3 peso's:beer::beer:

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zillas vs. xtrs is no comparison. Zillas are a way better all around tire. and work awesome in the mud to

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havn't run the zillas but my Renegade came with 27" xtrs. I have seen some pretty strong opinions against the xtrs, but I have no complaints. I ride alot of snow, sand, trails, and the odd crazy mud hole. I've never been let down by the tire, just the rider.

jurban

Reaction score
I have two Grizzly 700's with XTR they do not clean out as well a Zilla do if you ride mud. On the trail they are the same but in the mud the XTR is at a very slight disadvantage. I ride about 50/50 mud and trail and personally next time when I'm shopping for tires I will buy Zilla's forsure.

Canaminator

Reaction score
So if a guy wants zillas wheres the cheapest place to buy them in Canada I need new tires for my outlander 650 I am looking to put on 28x10x12 front and 28x12x12 on the rear

doug13

Reaction score
i had xtrs on my can-am outy 800 and it chewed well ,but now i have gorilla silverbacks and it chews and claws,explore you options

Canaminator

Reaction score
I have heard of several people complain about high speed shaking and wobble with xtrs . they said they were unable to balance them, it has kind of scared me off of xtrs

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best deals I have had on tires were from Tire Warehouse. Most tire dealers have access to the same few wholesale warehouses, including those stocking atv tires. I had Tire Warehouse order them in and I gave them 10% over their cost. The last tires I bought loose like that were Kenda bearclaws and Mudlites. The Kendas were around $50 each and the mudlites were closer to $80. The funny thing is Tire Warehouse gave me a 10% discount on the Kendas because I bought them with my truck tires, so esentially I got them for cost.

The last two machines I bought came with tires from the dealer, so it's been almost two years since I've had to buy any. If you are friendly with your local tire shop, ask them to call their warehouse to see if they have what you want and negotiate from there.

ngg

Reaction score
As for the funny comments,the guy asked about the tires,my buddy and I have the exact same bike (850 xp's) we ride trails with mud,not the real deep stuff, the mud light XTR's out perform the zilla's in my opinion, the fact that I'm not having to think back a say I went through that hole last week easier with the zilla's should carry some weight,he can hit the throttle on hard pack and the xtr's hook up and pulls the front up, mine will spin the zilla's in the same spot with either of us riding it. It's all just opinions good luck with your choice.

PsionicWiz

Reaction score
NGG I think your on crack. There is no way the XTR outperform the Zilla's. If you go through any kind of mud you would know. Same can be said about muskeg.

Lites and XTR's are ch!t!

ngg

Reaction score
Not gonna argue with you on a key board, not gonaa argue with you period.. I based my opinion on what I see every ride,his hooks up on the trails where mine won't. My tires are 2 weeks older than his, I would think us having the exact same bike (except the tires) it would help to give the person asking questions side by side data.

Top Bottom