MTNTK pro rmk durability kit piston failures?

thecheyner

Reaction score
I installed a mtntk kit last year on my 2012 pro and have been pretty happy with it, sled seems to run pretty strong. I sent my buddy to the dealer I got it from last year because he hasn't installed a MTNTK or RKT in his 2012 assault yet. When he inquired about getting a mtntk kit he was told that they are seeing failures with the MTNTK kit pistons and that he should go with the wiesco kit that have wiesco 360 degree coated pistons instead of the "crappy" wiesco 180 degree coated pistons that are in the MTNTK kit.

I can't find anyone with this 360 degree coated piston kit that he was told about and I can't find any info on mtntk kits failing. Anyone heard about this? I don't want to start rumours but the sled community can usually put this to rest. I'm wondering if this dealer lost a contract with mtntk and is trying to build a customer base on some other home grown kit he's putting together. I thought he had excellent service but it's a bummer that he told my buddy to get a different kit because the mtntk kit "sucks" that he was super stoked on the year before.:confused: Just curious if this is true and I should be tossing a top end in again to avoid a busted skirt dropping into the crank.

Thanks for any posts

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds shady.
Mtntk has a long, and successful track record / reputation for their fix ķit matched by no one else.

thecheyner

Reaction score
JRK works in calgary, I found them on kijiji, he was the only guy with mtntk kits in stock last year that I could go pickup at the shop when I needed it quick. It's a smaller shop and it looks like he works on tons of sleds because they are rather busy and he said he's installed lots of top end kits on pro's and dragons. He seems like a good guy just not sure why he told my buddy the mtntk kit was "crappy" compared to a "new" wiesco piston kit with 360 degree coating on it (I can't find any info on this 360 coating BTW).

When I sent my friend to his shop to go grab a kit for his sled my buddy texted me the whole story that I shared in the original post, I can post screen caps from my phone if you want? I'm just curious if the JRK guy fed him a bunch of BS or if it's valid? The JRK guys would probably see how all the pistons looked on the mtntk kits if he's been installing them on sleds and seeing problems.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I have 1600 turboed kms on my mtntk Pistons and I pulled my y pipe and they look like new. Here is a pic

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Or here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 370

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol...that guy called me looking to buy my silver turbo kit...I was basically giving it away and he was trying low ball that. ..go with mntk or Google fix kits. Another one is dragon saver etc etc

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom