MPI SC Clutching

mxguy339

Reaction score
Just wondering wat guys are running for primary weight in a Stage 2 Supercharged apex

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm, if there is one ting that I have learn about clutching a Yamaha, no one wants to give away there secret. Call Darren at E&S in Ft-Sask, he might be able to help you out. I have/ had a shockwaves helix on my T-Apex and took it of to try a difrent set up. in the primay I run Dalton Industries front cluctch flyweights DPYR series 74g base loded to 83g, I will be trying there DTYA-2 adjustable flyweights next weekend to see if I can get it to perfome bettere. I went with a reverse cut helix to help spooling my turbo a bit quicker.... tryiedit last time out in Revy and made a big difrence.... perform better.... as far as the shockwave I still have it but I'm not totally sold on it. Hope this can point you in a good direction... dont be shy to call these guyse at Dalton industries, they are realy nice people and if they are busy they will call you back, they did it to me... ask for Dale.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
primary..... spring
weights... gram

secondary
spring
shockwave from the slack postion , two turns in. and spring in the - and - position.....

Last edited:

mxguy339

Reaction score
thanks for the info...would i be able to get away without the shockwave secondary??

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you can, you just got to find a good helix that will work for you. Call MPI to see what they recomend for helix.... I am curently running a 47/51 Dalton helix and it works good for my T-Apex, better than the shockwave. But thats my opinion.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Shockwave is just easier than riding around with a few helixes for different snow conditions. You can also get multi-angle ramps.

kevin p

Reaction score
not a big fan of the shockwave. poor backshift. i found it only worked decent when it was almost turned in all the ways. try some other ones they will probably work alot better. also try a cat green secondary spring.

Top Bottom