Moved my Rhino rad to keep it cool!

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Triple pass radiator will solve any cooling problems. You will have to keep it clean obviously. I actuallly had dual rads in my rhino at one time but now the new three pass rad keeps it just as cool.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we 2 had heat issues but have a cage with kids and what we found that works great was adding a second rad i picked 1 upas well as fan out of a parts 700 kawi and mounted it laying down under hood using MAIR hood scoops to let it breath we tried it with out the scoops and found it worked without but wanted the peace of mind i also installed a 12v water utility pump 4 washing both rads out on the trails as there is nothing worse than overheating since the install we have had no overheating issues we ran the medicine lake rally this last weekend had the factory rad plugged solid and ended up having the factory fan come off thefan motor and ran good all day u can also add water temp gauge by picking up gauge assembly any where and 3/4" double king nipple and welding a bung in it to accept the sending unit and place this as close to thermostat as possible Black rhino will sell this kit for around 200.00 where as this way cost about 50.00 and is the same stuff

gusto

Reaction score
I am going to try relocating my oil cooler and adding a seperate fan to it.. Then we will install a regulator to the rad fan to cut in at a certain heat level.. I am hoping this works good enough for the rotax swap this summer... :d
It prolly is a better idea to move it behind the cage but want to keep my ride as stock looking as possible..

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put 6 caps of Waterwetter in my Rhino as was suggested by someone else in this thread. During the skeg fest at Medicine Lake I had no over heating issues. I do need to take it out in some warmer weather now to confirm that the Waterwetter was helping or was it the cooler weather. We'll see.

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased the evans waterless coolant that they use on the race cars and ran it my rhino for one rally, my engine light was on after 10 min of driving the coolant does circulate but does not cool quick enough, I limped my self threw the day, got home went up and down the street to get the light temp light on then heat scanned my rad hose comeing out of the block ( 326 deg) I beleive that the only thing saving the engine is that the coolant does not boil. I draing the system and went with normal coolant and picked up waterweter from the yamaha dealer, then installed a temp gauge now have trouble getting past 160 deg. That is just my experience

How well did you drain your coolant system. If there is any water/antifreeze:nono: in the system at all it will not work. Mine works just fine on my 840 Teryx, in the mud with a four seat cage, two adults and two kids. Never see anything over 185deg and the teryx's are notorious for running hot. The fan doesn't even kick in till about 225deg I think. But I had my cooling system completly drained when I put in the BBK.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How well did you drain your coolant system. If there is any water/antifreeze:nono: in the system at all it will not work. Mine works just fine on my 840 Teryx, in the mud with a four seat cage, two adults and two kids. Never see anything over 185deg and the teryx's are notorious for running hot. The fan doesn't even kick in till about 225deg I think. But I had my cooling system completly drained when I put in the BBK.

Ya what he said, mine works good aswell.

Top Bottom