mounting suspension

impulseturboguy

Reaction score
So i need some help i want to mount my suspension up a little bit higher to level it out a little more when i had it put in by the shop my atack angle was a bit much so my question is how much room do i need between the track and tunnel to be safe,please forgive me for my spelling...lol thanks

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before you do anything to it, was it parked on a flat surface when you noticed this? It makes a big difference.

impulseturboguy

Reaction score
Yes it was it was on the floor in my shop and only half the track is sitting on the ground i think if i move it up 2 inch it will be level

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it was it was on the floor in my shop and only half the track is sitting on the ground i think if i move it up 2 inch it will be level

if you have stock yamaha rails on the sled, they tip up at the back, so the track will be off the floor....if you lift the front mount up 2 inches good luck steering the beast, the ski pressure will be crazy....shorten your limiter strap and bit and ride it, adjust until happy

impulseturboguy

Reaction score
its a kmod with floats i have the front mounted where kevin at kmod told me to mount it and he told me to mount the rear arm as high as i can but i dont know how much clearance is needed between the track and cooler

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a kmod with floats i have the front mounted where kevin at kmod told me to mount it and he told me to mount the rear arm as high as i can but i dont know how much clearance is needed between the track and cooler

if your front arm is mounted where K-mod recommends locating it shorten the limiter straps one hole, I run a kmod also....something to remember is when the skid couples the front arm is collapsed making the attack angle improve...K-mod has some recommended limiter strap lengths to start your tuning....my rear arm is mounted so that there is just enough room to put the bolt in, roughly 1" below board to hole centre I believe

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DSCN1540.jpg
DSCN1541.jpg
DSCN1542.jpg

impulseturboguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the help thats right where i was thinking of mounting the rear arm how do you like to shocks im thinking about grabing a set

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help thats right where i was thinking of mounting the rear arm how do you like to shocks im thinking about grabing a set

worth every penny, once dialed no playing other than a clicker turn once in a while....never will I ever have floats again, junk IMO

Top Bottom