Mountain cariboo map Morkill

Canadian Country Cabins

Reaction score
Website
www.canadiancountrycabins.com
Here is the current map for the Cariboo closures into the Morkill, the closures are marked in purple. lts not great i know, but the other online diagrams are old or marked out in a 1/2 mile wide 'pen'

You can still get to Kakwa & Alberta ;)

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/snowmobile-closures/

is the link to the gov site, covers from Prince George to Cranbrook

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK Crescent Spur minimal effected. But where can you ride in the good Zone??
Alpine ride not trail ride

Canadian Country Cabins

Reaction score
Website
www.canadiancountrycabins.com
Kakwa.

'The good zone' i guess is relative.

As in good we where the only ones there, or good i was up at 8000" playing with 200 other riders. Different folks, different strokes.

OK Crescent Spur minimal effected. But where can you ride in the good Zone??
Alpine ride not trail ride

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kakwa.

As in good we where the only ones there, or good i was up at 8000" playing with 200 other riders. Different folks, different strokes.

Thanks for the info, I will check what ridable alpine is between Kakwa and Mcbride as Kakwa is a loooooong one day ride off the Yellowhead. I'll post location of where I was planning on going once GPS confirmed on Google but most alpine axed.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kakwa.

Kakwa is a loooong way from Cresent Spur, the only thing open at Cresent Spur is FSR road riding. If you want to ride Kakwa you come in from the Alberta side as the trip in on your sled is about 100KM shorter. ONLY the road to Kakwa is open, alpine along the way is closed. Forgetmenot Mt is open but very very little is ridable. The good riding was along the range of plateaus to the north and south of Wallop MT. This intire range is now closed. I am not sure what you are referring to but the alpine is basically shut down to sledders. Wide open to choppers hauling those forgien skiers. If I missed something please point it out to me as the area still interests me but I don't see much within about 60KM (one way)of a stage area.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Snochuk that was the kind of info I was looking for. Kakwa is a long way off the highway but thought maybe there was another area out there somewhere. FSR riding still Ok but is really nice and prefered to get into the Alpine.

Top Bottom