Motorfist Stomper 2's

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any reviews on these boots? I found a lightly used pair for a pretty good price and I'm just wondering what guys think of them. I've never owned sledding specific boots and I definitely need to upgrade from my Dunlop steel toed rubbers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Comfy but wouldn't buy again. Not much ankle support and the toe cap stitching was crap

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair a couple of years ago. Good comfy and durable boot. Certainly not as warm as my old steel toed Baffin or Sorel's but wasn't noticeable unless you were out on a VERY cold day.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like them. Very comfortable and warm. The only down side is the toe cap stitching is weak and can pull apart.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had two pair. The first got warranty because my left foot was always wet at the end of the day. The second set is about 50% better but still something up with left foot. Two years on these ones now and haven't noticed an issue with toe cap. Soles are gone however due to my cheese grater running boards and clearing habit. I think they are comfortable and supportive enough but am tired of the tedious lace up job and think I'll look for some Boa types again.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two of my guys have the boots feet are always wet and the grip is wearing off real fast from the guys kicking the rails but all boots do that. I had HMK's for 12 yrs good boot keeps u dry but not that comfrable , I went with klim boots since ive had great luck with the suit and gloves . Very comterble a little more money but theirs nothing like dry feet. Once they are done with the boots they won't buy another pair good luck with yours

Last edited:

nathan#19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't buy them if you want to have dry feet.
I have had 3 pairs warranted because they leaked....the last pair right out of the box they leaked. Now I gave up and hope to wear them out or wreak them this year so I can justify paying klim prices. But I don't sweat and have yet to take dry feet out of them... and this is the 4th season I have had stomper 2.0 boots.
I also agree the grip is nice and soft so it chunks off quickly on my airframe traction screws. I think the tread would be gone in 3 seasons for sure.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Surprised to hear the negative comments. Ive had my same pair since they came out and have never had a wet foot and always have been warm.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had two pair. The first got warranty because my left foot was always wet at the end of the day. The second set is about 50% better but still something up with left foot. Two years on these ones now and haven't noticed an issue with toe cap. Soles are gone however due to my cheese grater running boards and clearing habit. I think they are comfortable and supportive enough but am tired of the tedious lace up job and think I'll look for some Boa types again.

I where the stompers a well. As JMCX mentioned, my left foot gets wet from time to time, my money is on heat from the clutches melting the snow. Also agree with James in the lacing them up being a bit of a pain in the a$$, much rather the boa style of my Klim boots previously.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two of my guys have the boots feet are always wet and the grip is wearing off real fast from the guys kicking the rails but all boots do that. I had HMK's for 12 yrs good boot keeps u dry but not that comfrable , I went with klim boots since ive had great luck with the suit and gloves . Very comterble a little more money but theirs nothing like dry feet. Once they are done with the boots they won't buy another pair good luck with yours

Im in this group ^^^^^ and the other 2 guys feet are always wet and NEITHER of them would buy stompers again. Ive had my HMK's for 9 years (50 day+ season of mtn riding plus riding around home when I did ride here) and they just got a hole in them on my last trip last year. I will be buying HMK's again because they have been awesome so far and I like the removable liner, im planning to keep my old liners so I have 2 pairs to switch out.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode all last season with them, kept the feet dry an warm. Like mentioned they do kinda lack support, u they fit more like a work boot then a big bulky sled boot.

tbaysledder

Reaction score
I have also had to replace a set under warranty if it was not for that i would have bought the klims i ride with a few guys that love the klims

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is everyone who's getting wet feet wearing moisture-wicking socks? I know that sounds like a dumb question, but the ole cotton socks you wear for every day use are not helping the your feet stay dry. The science behind MotorFist is keeping you dry from the inside and the outside, but the boots are unable to vent the excess moisture if the wetness is stuck in a non-wicking sock. The socks, whether MotorFist or Klim, are expensive, but they do work. They will pull the moisture off of your feet and wick it into the boots allowing them to exhaust. Try a pair of wicking socks- you'll be amazed at how well the system works!

The Stompers aren't a warm boot, but pairing them with a SubZero sock would add a little insulation value! If you're looking for a warm boot, the Carbide is the one for you. They have much more insulation and are the warm series boot.

Lastly, you can re-tread the soles on your Stompers, they are made with a removable tread layer because most running boards are like cheese graters. Talk to your local dealer, they can help you with that!

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both my feet were getting wet through the tongues. Sent them in and they covered them under warranty. Also thought they were a bit bulky but I had size 14. Lol. Otherwise I liked them.....traded the ones I got back for the alpha boots. Hope they don't get wet...

also my buddies feet got wet and we bought boots the same place so maybe a bad batch.

Last edited:

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I originally went with motorfist boots that had the dial, and cable setup. I cant remember the name of the boot. The metal clips that hold the wire broke on the first ride, slicing my new sled seat the shreds on the first ride out. They exchanged them for a more expensive pair of stomper 2 boots for free. I had wet feet from day one, and did find them a bit bulky, and cold on some days. I do wear Klim socks, which didn't help at all. I went with Motorfist boots in the first place, because I was tired of buying new Klim boots every two years, as they were always tearing as well. Warm and dry until soles came apart. not sure what to buy this year. Ive replaced all my gear this year, except boots. I just want to be dry....

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
After one season Pro running boards destroyed the soles. Wore them right into the insole. Sides of the boots on both feet cracked where your foot bends and let huge amounts of water in. Didn't even bother going through warranty. Didn't want another pair.

Top Bottom