Motorfist Helmet Breath Deflector

Bighairybeast

Reaction score
I just purchased a new Motorfist helmet and am very disappointed with the "breathbox" design. It might work for lake cruising but in the mountains I need somewhere for my breath and snot to drip. I cut the bottom shelf out and its better, but I still don't like the fact that it depends on your goggles holding the upper edge in. It doesn't let them sit correctly and also allows moisture to work its way up.

I have previously used a HJC deflector and loved it. It sat below my goggles and was open below. Unfortunately my new helmet is much wider and the HJC wont fit. Anyone find a good deflector for this helmet? I'm no looking for one of those no fog platypus looking things just a simple deflector. I like my mouth uncovered. Thanks for any ideas.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a new Motorfist helmet and am very disappointed with the "breathbox" design. It might work for lake cruising but in the mountains I need somewhere for my breath and snot to drip. I cut the bottom shelf out and its better, but I still don't like the fact that it depends on your goggles holding the upper edge in. It doesn't let them sit correctly and also allows moisture to work its way up.

I have previously used a HJC deflector and loved it. It sat below my goggles and was open below. Unfortunately my new helmet is much wider and the HJC wont fit. Anyone find a good deflector for this helmet? I'm no looking for one of those no fog platypus looking things just a simple deflector. I like my mouth uncovered. Thanks for any ideas.

Foggy® Mask | Respro®

I use this in my 509 helmet with 509 goggles. its a bit short so its not tight to your face but the goggles sandwich it between your face and goggles. i like it cause there's no bulk and i dont notice it at all. works great to keep your breath down and keeps all my goggles fog free. i took the plastic nose bridge piece off it.

I had huge problems with my 509 goggles fogging, i would take this out and only use it in sask, this last trip to cooke i kept it in and i could keep my helmet and goggles on all day where guys would be quick to rip their goggles off when stopped.

DragonCFI

Reaction score
I don't even put it in for the mountains. Wear no fog for colder days no fogs kind of restrictive but its better then being fogged up.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Foggy® Mask | Respro®

I use this in my 509 helmet with 509 goggles. its a bit short so its not tight to your face but the goggles sandwich it between your face and goggles. i like it cause there's no bulk and i dont notice it at all. works great to keep your breath down and keeps all my goggles fog free. i took the plastic nose bridge piece off it.

I had huge problems with my 509 goggles fogging, i would take this out and only use it in sask, this last trip to cooke i kept it in and i could keep my helmet and goggles on all day where guys would be quick to rip their goggles off when stopped.

Where did you find it around here?

Bighairybeast

Reaction score
Thanks for replies. Unfortunately for me I find anything that the goggles go over- balaclava/ deflector etc eventually fog up lenses in cold conditions by drawing some moisture upwards.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you find it around here?

I got mine at proline motorsports in stoon.

Got my wife the foggy-x, suppose to be for moto cross helmets but it doesn't work for my 2 xl, works fine with her medium helmet.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replies. Unfortunately for me I find anything that the goggles go over- balaclava/ deflector etc eventually fog up lenses in cold conditions by drawing some moisture upwards.

Im mid 200s, use to work out alot and was closer to the 200s, i sweat alot and my set up works for me.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm using the No-Fog Breath deflector with my Motor Fist helmet. I like it a lot. It's Velcro along the back of your neck so it is adjustable and also the red strap on top of your head is Velcro and adjustable. The fit with my Sinister 509 seems to be a very good combo.

Top Bottom