Moto Grip Tires

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever seen / hear / ran these ATV tires? They look mean but Im just not sure how they work in mud. The guy at Motoplex says they are good and ride smooth but then again he is selling them. Just wondering what your thoughts / experience are.

Here's a pic
motogrip_radial.jpg

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never heard of them before but might be good on hard DRY trails, I can not see them being any good for mud tail riding,

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they are fairly new. He said they have sold like 65 sets of them since like september. He refrences the bighorns with these. So thats kinda what I was thinking (not the best in mud but great ride on hard dry trails)

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They remind me of the Kuhmo KL71's I had for my old pickup,.. middle tread for a smooth quiet ride, but side tread for mud and trail. If the salesman compared them to Big Horns,.. I am not sure he knows what he is talking about, that center tread would plug up something quick,.. I am willing to bet Plug-lights would do better because of the scoop design, I have seen Big Horns go in some deep mud on a Rzr900 and I would bet a quad couldn't make it though.

Last edited:

sabretooth

Reaction score
Those tires are a DOT rated tire for hardpack use, pretty shallow tread depth on them. They also make the MOTO MTC which looks just like a Bighorn (on steroids) moto_mtc.jpg
which I think would be way better in the mud.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to try the moto mtc as they are like a bighorn on steroids and im very happy with my big horn tires on my rzr over the junk swamp lites i had i have been stuck 80% less with the big hornes over swamplites i think the moto mtc would be nice option over big horn

Top Bottom