morrissey fernie

turbofarmer

Reaction score
What's the scoop on the morrissey trail in fernie? Are they still logging or is it open to sledders now?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The FSA are using Coal Creek and you are on your own for crossing or using the plowed logging road near the cabin. The Morrissey staging area is gated and closed.

We met the plow today and he is struggling with the amount of snow that fell. He may need two trips to make it manageable for the logging trucks. If we were to get a few more epic dumps they would cancel the logging for the winter.....everyone would be happy!!

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the forecast calls for a LOT more snow too. 40cm from thursday to saturday.

assault800

Reaction score
hey guys can we still ride the notch from the west side of town crossing the bridge or do we have to stage at the dump

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
They have a new staging area now, just past the rifle range. The old Fast Gas is now closed and fenced off. There is a new Fast Gas just off the number 3.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
hey guys can we still ride the notch from the west side of town crossing the bridge or do we have to stage at the dump

You stage past the dump (transfer station) and past the rifle range. This is the Coal Creek staging area. This is where the groomer operates out of. Trail is normally quite smooth unless there is a busy weekend.

I don't understand "the west side of town"! South of Fernie and crossing the bridge takes one to Morrissey and that is closed. Forestry gates across the road and plowed all the way past the cabin.

Top Bottom