Morrisey and Corbin update

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why should he not put up pictures of his secret spot........ He stated that when he posted them , that it was his little spot. He didnt say all of Elkford has this much snow come on down boys.OR the Elk Valley is loaded with snow look what i found. So how is it miss leading????

:beer::beer::beer:

Deleted my posts, not worth the hassle, this is just turning into a pointless argument IMO and I'm sorry I got involved.

Hopefully no one gives you a BS snow report.

Have fun guys and gals. Ride Safe!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
so guys after all this arguing and nitpicking is there any snow at the cabin or notch thx

There hasn't been any appreciateable amount of snow in the last while. It is pretty rode out! Riders who have been coming to the area always have there little out of the way place where there is some nice snow but even a lot of those are rode out.

Warming stage coming and hopefully a good dump.....:beer:

summitkid600

Reaction score
has corbin or morrisey got any new snow recently i here fernie got a big dump of snow, was thinking about going out on sunday?

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the kootenays thread

I drove through the pass yesterday and it looks like it could use some snow. We went a little farther west and had a great time. We staged just west of Elko near Galloway and found some great snow.

the area we were in was the back side of the Fernie Ski Hill ( west, not south to the Notch). This specific area is closed to sledders from Christmas to end of march but there is lots of areas close by that are open.

Add a half hour to your trip and you can find real snow.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie will get some snow soon. Just like the rest of the kootenays, they get the best (and majority) of their snow in mid Jan to mid Feb. Its unfortunate that xmas break is not a month later, riding would be sick every year!

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Corbin needs about 4 feet to make it decent. there are still stumps and rocks showing in alot of places. and the avy danger up there right now is BAD. any rock slope over 30 degrees has slid in the last day or so.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was up the pipeline yesterday by the notch just playin in the little valley before the notch back in the trees and it was real good tough visibility as it was dumping pretty hard but definately some good snow starting up in that area

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ski hill today is reporting 22 cm of fresh and 35cm in last 48 hrs. base of 160 cm. i would say corbin,notch or rolling hills would be awsome now. anyone up on the weekend?

Rode to wranglers cabin on Friday, and the rolling hills are pretty bad, lots of stumps. I didn't even go into them 100 feet and turned around due to lack of snow on them. I did ride the pipeline to the notch, snow was not bad but still needs at least 3-4 more feet of snow to be real good.

Rizzo

Reaction score
ski hill today is reporting 22 cm of fresh and 35cm in last 48 hrs. base of 160 cm. i would say corbin,notch or rolling hills would be awsome now. anyone up on the weekend?

I have found that whoever does the reporting on snow at the Fernie ski hill is on crack. They lie. I've been out there when they have reported huge dumps of snow and there wasnt half of what they reported. I even called them one time asked whoever it was that was in charge of the snow reports about their snowcasts. She tried to blame the bad reports on the fact that they got their reports from an outside source..etc etc.. I wouldnt put any faith in their snow reports.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have found that whoever does the reporting on snow at the Fernie ski hill is on crack. They lie. I've been out there when they have reported huge dumps of snow and there wasnt half of what they reported. I even called them one time asked whoever it was that was in charge of the snow reports about their snowcasts. She tried to blame the bad reports on the fact that they got their reports from an outside source..etc etc.. I wouldnt put any faith in their snow reports.

They're running a business based on snowfall. Without snow, they would be out of business. If they don't have it, they simply make some up!!! :D

Kicking Horse was the same way last year, no new snow in almost 3.5 weeks and they were updating saying that they got "this" much fresh overnight, or "lots of untracked" riding still to be had - and it was all BS. Especially near XMAS and holidays, they "need" to have fresh snow to attract the masses.

tasco

Reaction score
We were in the area yesterday. I agree we rode in on the pipeline for a while and then headed north down the powerline, and up to what is called beerbottle hill. we never went of the trail to play, to many visable trees and stumps, there is still about 4 feet of fresh snow needed to play on the hills. but then I talked to other guys that said the rolling hills were good... I hav'nt been there yet.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they did get a dump last weekend, I rode Morrissey on Tues and it was deep in the rolling hills could barely get in there 3-4ft bottomless, I dont think anyone has been in yet, everything else is just getting covered towards the notch but in the trees its filled in good like always so any new snowfall and it will be a good day out there.. groomer was out for the first time on tues dec 23. said he was going to get it done.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
they did get a dump last weekend, I rode Morrissey on Tues and it was deep in the rolling hills could barely get in there 3-4ft bottomless, I dont think anyone has been in yet, everything else is just getting covered towards the notch but in the trees its filled in good like always so any new snowfall and it will be a good day out there.. groomer was out for the first time on tues dec 23. said he was going to get it done.

The groomer has been out three times and the trail is set. Mogul master will be pulled through the whole system tomorrow. Yes, the snow is deep all around the summit.

The groomer is riding on about 4'-5' of snow(after the cut) and the wind blown pillows are another 2'-3' . As you can see, the stuck sled was in pretty good and we pulled out it with the SnowCat. The guys were pretty happy about not having to shovel that baby out!!

Attachments

• Groomer11.jpg
    Groomer11.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Groomer12.jpg
    Groomer12.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 35

spitfire

Reaction score
Cheers to the unsung heroes that groom the trails, many as volunteers. They allow us to ride hard all day and then ride home without getting beat up.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The groomer has been out three times and the trail is set. Mogul master will be pulled through the whole system tomorrow. Yes, the snow is deep all around the summit.

The groomer is riding on about 4'-5' of snow(after the cut) and the wind blown pillows are another 2'-3' . As you can see, the stuck sled was in pretty good and we pulled out it with the SnowCat. The guys were pretty happy about not having to shovel that baby out!!

Looks like it was stuck in the mud?

Top Bottom