Morrisey and Corbin update

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a regretfull ride to morrisey and corbin. First drove all the way to morrisey from lethbridge this morning and got to the staging area and it was painfull, not even an inch on the road, so we turned around and drove back to the corbin town site. The trail was in good condition thanks to the grooming being done by the club and Inn on the boarder, but still needs lots of snow, the conditons were not good at all, no new fresh but was snowing all day, might make for a better ride on sunday. Wasn't worth the 100 bucks, should have left them in the trailer till the next trip to revy.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow were did you got at corbin we were out there yesterday as well and found tons of snow just down about 7 km's to the left broke trail into an are that was probably 2.5 - 3 feet everywere that sucks you never enjoyed yourself cause we sure did :d:beer:

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow were did you got at corbin we were out there yesterday as well and found tons of snow just down about 7 km's to the left broke trail into an are that was probably 2.5 - 3 feet everywere that sucks you never enjoyed yourself cause we sure did :d:beer:

I know were u went its allways good there,to bad for the others.Just getting to now the area u have to look for it.And of course now were u at.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We knew where we were at, i think riding Revy most of the time you get a little spoiled with the amount of snow and riding area's. It was a bad day it was still good to get out and burn off some old fuel and Dobir had a chance to iron out some of his kinks with some of the mods he did over the summer. Wasn't a bad day once we hit corbin. Morrrisey had zero snow on the road.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
u should have just drove up the morissey road until u hit decent snow, the parking lot never gets lots of snow. Fernie can have 3 feet in town and puking and morissey will have a foot and not snowing.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bit of a problem when we both have 4 place enclosed...loaded...we have staged from Morrissey for years and figured there might be enough to get up the road...needed some Cat supplies or we would have just hit the pipeline or corbin townsite...Revy in four days and it will all be good..

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just got back from a regretfull ride to morrisey and corbin. First drove all the way to morrisey from lethbridge this morning and got to the staging area and it was painfull, not even an inch on the road, so we turned around and drove back to the corbin town site. The trail was in good condition thanks to the grooming being done by the club and Inn on the boarder, but still needs lots of snow, the conditons were not good at all, no new fresh but was snowing all day, might make for a better ride on sunday. Wasn't worth the 100 bucks, should have left them in the trailer till the next trip to revy.

milton, it is interesting that you pick on the idea of my secret spots....Wow must be nice fernie snow, maybe you should give up these secret spots you seem to have. Isn't this what this community is for? You know one day you might want to head out somewhere else to ride and ask for some guidance and you might get back what you have been shelling out.....and the presumed fact that I don't share! I have said for the last month that there is no snow in the valley of the Elk River!! I have said, "there is no snow at the staging area in Morrissey!" To me that is sharing and if you chose to ignore it or not to read it that is your problem. As for your sharing, I certainly hope you paid Archie his trail fees......

Crazed

Reaction score
milton, it is interesting that you pick on the idea of my secret spots....Wow must be nice fernie snow, maybe you should give up these secret spots you seem to have. Isn't this what this community is for? You know one day you might want to head out somewhere else to ride and ask for some guidance and you might get back what you have been shelling out.....and the presumed fact that I don't share! I have said for the last month that there is no snow in the valley of the Elk River!! I have said, "there is no snow at the staging area in Morrissey!" To me that is sharing and if you chose to ignore it or not to read it that is your problem. As for your sharing, I certainly hope you paid Archie his trail fees......

Little Rude dont you think??????

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is useless, Post something positive and quit wasting my time. You can keep your secret spots.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the honest opinion.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I totally agree if you have a bogus snow report don't post and ya enough with this secret spot stuff it's BS snowmobiliers are all one big family share your info with them so we ALL can have fun and good riding. Here are my coordinates for were I was at corbin to find 2.5-3 feet of snow sorry i don't know the names of these spots I just know how to get there. if you go the right of were my gps mark is, is were we found the good deep snow still some landmines but it was still better than working lol. punch these numbers into google earth and you will see were the good snow starts at corbin

Latitude:49.44322
Longitude:-114.61925

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Is there a point? If you have nothing good to say about the snow, then don't say anything or be honest about the conditions. Don't post a bunch of pictures up and say the riding is awesome and then when people ask about it, say "its a secret spot". So they drive to the area and find dirt trails at the staging areas. I heard lots of comments about snow in the kootenays in late Nov, and as I drove through the crowsnest pass to BC on Nov 26, I pretty much called a couple people liars in my head as I was driving past some of the staging areas and there wasn't a single flake of snow on the ground (that supposedly 2 days earlier had 2-3 feet) :rolleyes: or about 1/3 the snow that people said there was.

Here's what happens when people post BS snow condition reports - someone believes them, gets all hot and bothered about riding, gears up, shows up and then is dissappointed. First thing that happens is the person who posted up the snow conditions loses all credibility.

No, not everyone lives there and can't ride every weekend like some locals - so why rub people's noses in it? I'd prefer if they just kept it to themselves and not bothered, talk about the areas that they want us to ride at instead, away from the "secret spots". People keep talking about these secret spots. Do they think that after they post all these secret spot pics that people aren't going to go out and look for their so-called secret areas? Eventually, someone will find it and post the directions here on the World Wide Web, and the secret spot will not be so secret. Calling it a "secret" means you don't brag about it.

Rant over. :) Let's hear some real snow depths and conditions.

You are right modman! And you know what; there still is no snow at those staging areas. I have said it along that the valley bottom has NO SNOW! This is where one has to know the lay of the land; Elkford is 1000' higher than Fernie, Corbin is 1000' higher than Fernie and all the rain that fell in Fernie was snow above the Coal mountain mine and above Elkford.

I didn't hose nor mislead anyone; provided pictures and showed good snow conditions and generally told everyone where we had been. Those not familiar with the area maybe required GPS locations but I don't take those anymore.

I have answered over 50 pm's regarding the conditions and have been perfectly honest. Last weekend there were 15 vehicles in the staging area on Sat. and 12 on Sunday. The secret spots, we'll leave untouched....

And I'll say it again; our riding has been the best early season riding in 20 years....end of my little rant

Rizzo

Reaction score
I think if I lived in Fernie and had some secret spots I would keep them secret too. The internet is great but all it takes is one post about a spot and its no longer secret and all of the sudden there is 20 sleds pounding an area and in a matter of no time its tracked up and packed. We have a couple spots in Fernie that NOBODY seems to use and every time we go in there we are the only tracks. Its great because we always know we can find some riding where it isnt pounded out and we will find fresh snow. I dont think they are a secret as they are easy to get to but you have to know where the little turn off is in the trees etc to get to them but once we do we will spend a day in there and never see another sled. I think everyone is a little grumpy with the lack of snow...including myself. I was hoping for a ride this weekend in Fernie but cancelled because of the lack of snow and Revy is just too far to drive for 2 days of riding.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lack of snow it's not even the middle of december and it is the best it's been in a very very long time for this time of year. I like when people share there spots it makes it a lot more friendly then were did you ride today oh I can't tell you it's our little secret spot it's like saying to the guy your not worthy to be in our secret spot. Were all a big family trying to do the same thing as everyone else have a great time out there and explore new areas so if you have a nice spot please post it! I posted my gps locations were the good snow was cause I don't wanna see people drive for hours only to turn around cause of lack of snow! So if you know were the snow is quit being dicks and post some info so others can enjoy themselves as well !!!!!!

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I like to know honest reports but i do also have my secret stashes. the only reason i found them was i was not afraid to venture off and take the chance of wasting a good day riding in hopes of finding that secret spot. it has paid off more than once for myself and other times we have been skunked. have some adventure people. all these spots were secret once. cheers

Rizzo

Reaction score
Lack of snow it's not even the middle of december and it is the best it's been in a very very long time for this time of year. I like when people share there spots it makes it a lot more friendly then were did you ride today oh I can't tell you it's our little secret spot it's like saying to the guy your not worthy to be in our secret spot. Were all a big family trying to do the same thing as everyone else have a great time out there and explore new areas so if you have a nice spot please post it! I posted my gps locations were the good snow was cause I don't wanna see people drive for hours only to turn around cause of lack of snow! So if you know were the snow is quit being dicks and post some info so others can enjoy themselves as well !!!!!!

I'm sure calling people "dicks" will get you off to a great start finding the good stuff.
Dont look to me. I havent been out once this year. Probably wont be now until after New Years.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I think some folks may have mis-understood my post. Its ok to have your own little secret spots, just don't post up pics about it and here's why: People tend to think that if there is snow at your little "secret spot", then there must be snow everywhere, and that its "riding time". Its just a little misleading is all I'm saying.

Everyone has their own spots they like to go to, that's fine. Not one sledder I know says that they like to go to the hills and share one area with 1000 of their not-so-closest friends.

Happy Trails Guys!! Think SNOW!!!! :)

Why should he not put up pictures of his secret spot........ He stated that when he posted them , that it was his little spot. He didnt say all of Elkford has this much snow come on down boys.OR the Elk Valley is loaded with snow look what i found. So how is it miss leading????

:beer::beer::beer:

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Corbin today, found some pow, but not alot out there. Looks like it has not had any larger amount of snow for more than a week, just a few dustings here and there. Some areas where wind blown, and there is still nuggets right under the snow. Would be nice for 3 more feet before it gets real good. Trail in was groomed, which was awsome, thanks guys. All in all a good first day out to tune and get the bugs worked out of the sleds.

Top Bottom