Morning snow report.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the most recent staging area report for Coal? Main lot or is the road burning off? Thinking about a day trip this weekend.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What's the most recent staging area report for Coal? Main lot or is the road burning off? Thinking about a day trip this weekend.

I haven't ridden Fernie since March 29th. The road was still snow covered. With the warm temps a lot can happen in a week. I am just guessing but with a truck/deck you should have no trouble accessing the snow line.

FYI, we were on the snow in the Elkford staging area last weekend.

T-top

Reaction score
Rode from the main lot on Sunday, it was bare (mud).The road/trail had coverage to there, slushy, puddles and bridge decks making an appearance

noturn

Reaction score
Just got back from there. Take off from the parking, still snow there but the snow was starting to get thinned out for the first few hundred yards. The trail is pounded out and rough thou.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just got back from there. Take off from the parking, still snow there but the snow was starting to get thinned out for the first few hundred yards. The trail is pounded out and rough thou.

There is no doubt, the trail will be rough for the remainder of the spring riding. There is no way we will risk burning out some pumps and drives on the SnowCat with the warm temps. We just re-built those to the tune of $15G's last year!

Topgun

Reaction score
LAst week the Morrissy staging was all water and the trail up was worse then Coal creek bump wise

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The Coal Creek staging area is dirt. There are dirt patches up to the first bridge, not a lot today but it will get worse. The trail has been much worse. Bumps weren't as bad as I thought they would have been.

3" fresh at the Rolling HIlls cabin and reports of 6" or ski tip high fresh in the Notch area.

It was a nice day.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mr. D

Opted to wrench on two wheel machines today and prepare for a combined sled/bike trip for a few days in the Koots this coming weekend

sent from a top secret location

Pantherscry

Reaction score
So is staging at coal creek out for the season. Is there a spot further down the road that I would be able turn a 4 sled covered trailer around. Thanks!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
So is staging at coal creek out for the season. Is there a spot further down the road that I would be able turn a 4 sled covered trailer around. Thanks!

The locals follow the snow line with trucks and decks. You can try but maybe plan on getting stuck in the next little while. After all most of the mountain communities are deck country!

You will be able to get to the snow line around the first bridge but turning around will be very iffy. It hasn't been plowed all winter. Then it just gets worse for the next few weeks with less and less turn arounds as the snow recedes.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with the rain/snow mix from the last few days I went up today and only found an inch of fresh at 7000ft

Top Bottom