More Speed For My 03 900 MountainCat

Reaction score
I was wondering what a better gear/chain ratio would be to get mor top speed out of my 900 MountainCat 144".? I live at sea level so i already changed all jets n clutch springs,but would like to get more top end out of it..Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!:beer: cheers

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go up about 2 gear ratios higher than your running now , make sure the clutchs are shifting fully warm it on a track stand look and see the belt is going to the top of the primary

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Trollcat, would that count for the top gear also? any ideas on the chain? some say 15wide is better then a 13wide chain..This is the first time i ever had to mess with my gears and chain..On my ZRT 600 gears were perfect so i never messed with,110+mph all day..I love my M9's torque,wicked get up and go,just vibrates too much at 95+mph and i know or feel like it wants to go even faster just way to low of gears/chain im guessing,,kinda feels like my 06 Forman 500 at its top end lol...

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
paddle tracks are't realy made for speed if I knew the gear combo I could make I suggestion , how fast do you want to go

Top Bottom