More questions about my scrambler????

tony kaos

Reaction score
about a month ago i bought a FMF powercore 4 muffler for my scrambler and was informed by garyese to change the primary clutch spring to white and to set my secondary to 2-2 free (thank you by the way garyese!!) i understood everything except when he ( or you if your reading gary) said to adjust my belt deflection to 1-1/8 free. can anyone tell what this means and how to acomplish it?? also does anyone know if the secondory spring is wound at all when installing? thanks from the confused lol! :confused:

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Secondary spring needs to be preloaded. Buy some beer and get friend that doesn't like his fingers:d. Place the secondary on the floor with the helix end up. Engage the spring in the holes (2-2) and engage the helix onto the spline about 1/4". Rotate the movable (upper) sheeve counterclockwise 1/3 of a turn, while holding the fixed (lower) sheeve. Push the helix down until the snap ring can be installed. Holding the sheeves while the snap ring is installed is a bi!ch.

Now pray the belt deflection is correct or you fighting with the spring and the sheeves again!:eek:

Any other questions?

Top Bottom