more power for the can ams

RINGER

Reaction score
Hey guys I got the new 2010 xxc renegade love the power steering
doesnt seem to have as much power as my 2007 outty , is any boddy doing anything for a little more power , i have clutch kit and hmf slip on already
thanks for any help

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it feels low on power compared to your 07 because your 07 is a broke in motor. I have had a couple can ams and I find they get better and better the more miles you put on them. After I had some miles on my 650 it felt every bit as peppy as a new 800, but once the 800 got broke in it was a different story. I would put some miles on your new bike before you make a good comparison.

RINGER

Reaction score
I am pretty sure it feels low on power compared to your 07 because your 07 is a broke in motor. I have had a couple can ams and I find they get better and better the more miles you put on them. After I had some miles on my 650 it felt every bit as peppy as a new 800, but once the 800 got broke in it was a different story. I would put some miles on your new bike before you make a good comparison.

your probably right jasonrev its only got 150km on it
i had a chip in the old one but i thought they increased the power in 08 so i thought it would be the same without the chip ,just wondering if any body is putting the chips in the new ones

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your probably right jasonrev its only got 150km on it
i had a chip in the old one but i thought they increased the power in 08 so i thought it would be the same without the chip ,just wondering if any body is putting the chips in the new ones

Ya it was a pretty substantial increase in power if I remember correctly. We had some demo bikes out with the dealer last summer and me and my wife were riding a miled up 800(non r) and then tried a new 800r with little miles and I'm sure the old 800 would smoke it all day long, but talking to guys that have the new 800s with a few miles on them say the new motor does work better with some miles.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well you could do a bbk kit, like a 840 or 940 or even bigger but thats very pricey, there are certain very good bolt ons that will give you 8 to 10 lenghts in every race against very mildly modded and stock can-ams. now to do 8 to 10 lenghts, its not to cheap but you could do enough mods to get you even 1 to 3 lenghts over stock. mite still have trouble with mildly modded machines thou.

just going to aftermarket clutches will give you at least 2 lenghts on a stock machine with out any other mods. if you can transfer the power to the ground more quicker and efficiently than you are going to be faster. not just a simple clutch kit but clutches. a few options exist.

the problem is when you go to many engine mods over a slip on pipe you then need to controll the feul with a PC3 or PC5 with or without auto tune. so the guys that want to stay away from tuning should not go more than a slip on and air cleaner cause on a dyno you dont get anymore power as you mite think. 0. you just get better filtering from some. did you know the new stock filter actually makes 1 more H.P. than any other filter availible. so why do a aftermarket foam filter? cause they filter way better than stock and 1 HP is not of concern to the most of us. i d rather protect my motor more.

Top Bottom