More HP out of a Etec

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha anyone tried Powder Freaks head on a Etec engine. I was talking to him he says 5 hp peak. Also suggested a sleeve in the pipe, and SLP Y pipe. Also thinking about his billet thermostat

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha anyone tried Powder Freaks head on a Etec engine. I was talking to him he says 5 hp peak. Also suggested a sleeve in the pipe, and SLP Y pipe. Also thinking about his billet thermostat
Powderfreaks head works very well on an etec - the billet thermostat housing also works awesome - I run them both

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bondi ported cylinders, Bondi head, clutching. All you’ll need unless you want turbo power.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kingkat162 did it make much of a difference. I think a lot of it is because of the extra compression at altitude

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kingkat162 did it make much of a difference. I think a lot of it is because of the extra compression at altitude

not sure about Duane’s head on Etec, but on my Axys with the DynoPort pipe the sled is a totally different beast. Works great on the Doo 850’s also.
Duane’s workmanship is very good as well.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I think I will try this stuff out. I’m not looking to go to the top of the mountains anymore. Just a little extra hp

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The head and the thermostat housing together make the etec run cooler - fantastic if you are an avid spring time rider - with a digital water temp gauge you can see when the thermostat opens compared to stock - if you keep the etec cooler it always makes premium horsepower - it was also beneficial to run the aftermarket housing on the earlier ptec's - Duane's customer service is also as good as his products

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best mods I did on my etec power wise was a powderfreaks T-stat and a full SLP pipe.

sledwhore

Reaction score
I’m running a powderfreaks head, high altitude bmp pipe and y pipe, not sure if the y pipe is noticeable but would rub the steering post without it, and a bondi box, stock clutching and gearing, It works extremely well

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to run powderfreaks head bondi box and dynoport y pipe. Gained about 4 kph higher track speed with sled fully loaded when turning out type thing. Lots more torque, through midrange. Seemed to come into rpm quicker.

Top Bottom