More earthquakes today

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Good info Bogger! Like Summitric says, "good read".....

Always two sides to the story and to take out a little tid-bit, I like the part about "powerful storms with heavy percipitaction,....

I'm gonna get ready for a ride for tomorrow and/or Sunday, heehaw....

“Of course you can expect the usual: a surge in extreme tides along the coasts, a rash of moderate-to-severe seismic activity (including magnitude 5+ earthquakes, tsunami and volcanic eruptions), and most especially in this case a dramatic spike in powerful storms with heavy precipitation, damaging winds and extreme electrical activity,” explains Nolle. “Floods are a big part of the picture in this case, although some of these will be dry electrical storms that spark fast-spreading wildfires.”

“The recent Japanese earthquake and the upcoming full moon have no correlation at all,” asserts Santhosh Mathew, PhD, a professor and science writer who penned a March 15 post for The Huffington Post, titled “The Moon Is Not A Harsh Mistress.” “The moon will be at its perigee on March 19th and was actually farther than the average distance on the day the Japanese quake hit.

“Scientists have studied the moon for decades and have found no conclusive evidence to connect the moon with the seismic activities here on Earth,” he continues. “Being in an elliptical orbit, the moon’s distance varies as it orbits the Earth. It will go through perigees and apogees several times a year. On some of these occasions we may face natural disasters but many other days are just fine. If we insist on finding the correlation between earthly events and celestial phenomena, we could find plenty of them, and there are numerous such incidents in the universe to link even with our everyday activities. No wonder that in the past (perhaps even now) people believed moon can affect our individual moods. Remember the phrase lunatic!

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I thought it was just someone on a yamahahaha doing a cornice drop.

THUD.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"OH MY GOD!!!! 2012 is coming!!! Everybody, we need to stick together and try to live this out!! Pray to the gods and Alluh, Nooooo!!! "

this is what the loonies want from us..... :beer:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
"OH MY GOD!!!! 2012 is coming!!! Everybody, we need to stick together and try to live this out!! Pray to the gods and Alluh, Nooooo!!! "

this is what the loonies want from us..... :beer:

your signature confuses me.... MEGA poster????? 914 posts....:confused:

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It must be starting got 25cm of snow coming here over the weekend

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know, we may have mosquitoes and -40 degree winters and stuff, but suddenly Alberta doesn't look so bad :d. We're very fortunate to have so very few natural disasters here.

Top Bottom