Montana motorcyclist dies in 385 km/h crash at Bonneville Salt Flats

G

Guest1

WENDOVER, Utah - A 47-year-old record-setting motorcycle racer from Montana has died in a crash on the Bonneville Salt Flats.

Investigators weren't sure what caused Cliff Gullett of Bozeman, Mont., to lose control of the motorcycle Wednesday during a time trial. He was racing along at just under 385 kilometres an hour at the time. :eek:

The American Motorcyclist Association said on its website that Gullett was competing in the 500cc Streamliner class at the Salt Flats.

Drivers go for speed records every summer on the flats, an open space just east of the Nevada state line.

Gullett owned Team Bozeman Motorsports, a motorcycle and snowmobile dealership. He had set a handful of world land-speed records and wanted to eventually become the first to reach 400 mph, or almost 650 km/h, on a two-wheeled Streamliner. :eek:

Curt Lance, Team Bozeman's general manager, said "Cliff always told me that if anything happened on the Salt, he wanted it to be quick and not lingering. He died doing the thing he loved to do most - racing at Bonneville."

GRD

Reaction score
Sad to here about another death! Thanks for the post. At least he died doing what he loved!:rolleyes:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me Too................Just pass on when I'am having a little power nap after lunch on the Mountain....on day 3 of a sled trip.

LOL... After your family pays to have your sled choppered out would they spend another $800.00 or so to chopper you out or just leave you there to rest in peace? :eek:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL... After your family pays to have your sled choppered out would they spend another $800.00 or so to chopper you out or just leave you there to rest in peace? :eek:
I leave my sled for TG
All my Safety Equipment to Skyboy
and my Yummy Body to the Coyotees

Top Bottom