Mods on MM 700

motomike450r

Reaction score
Hello All, I had a couple of questions I hope you can help with. I have a Mountain Max 700 (insert ski doo, polaris joke here) It's obviously an old style chasis and the hood is really stressing about a foot above the tie down point. What have people done to reinforce this? Plastic, metal with rivets?
Next I am putting a taller riser on the steering shaft with wider moto style bars. Has anyone modified their seat(can't afford a $500 Boss)? Narrower and taller?? Any suggestions short of a new sled would be appriciated. Thanks Mike.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hood can always be fixed by stitching back together or a coat of J B Weld.
I have heard of people taking off the cover off their seat and adding foam to raise their seat.
I imagine you would have to add some material to the cover and then re-staple.It can't be that hard but raising the seat does help while transitioning between sitting and standing.
Happy sledding!!!:d

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I could come over and sit on it if you got lots of beer!
LOL! LMAO!,couldnt resist!
catmando!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hood can always be fixed by stitching back together or a coat of J B Weld.
I have heard of people taking off the cover off their seat and adding foam to raise their seat.
I imagine you would have to add some material to the cover and then re-staple.It can't be that hard but raising the seat does help while transitioning between sitting and standing.
Happy sledding!!!:d

Yep, add some pink styrofoam (hard pink house stuff) to the bottom of the seat and then have it recovered or just sew on some extra fabric to the bottom of the original cover, staple it back on and cut the excess off. A god upholstery shop should be able to cover it for under $100 though. All depends on how getto you want it to look.

motomike450r

Reaction score
Upon further review, maybe raising it is not the answer. Now thinking of removing the hump at the rear(where the material is damaged from carrying skis) and just shortening the length. Putting a gas can on the new space. Maybe going slightly narrower, it's a pretty wide stance for me, I'm only 5'9". Your input has been helpful, any thoughts on the new plan?

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yamaha has some angle adaptors for that problem...they can be devcon d on ( a really good glue) or u can rivet them on..... im sure a solid black cat seat would fit the new style...just check the measurements around the tank area... depends how fancy u want to get... not to sure on narrowing it up..but if u dont have triple pipes and can...save up its 25 hp bolt on....!!!!

v-force reeds, variflo, simmons skis.... oh sorry i forgot the budget...:d:d:d

motomike450r

Reaction score
The mods are: pipes, can, head, simmons skis and gold finger leftie throttle. bars and riser with the brake and cable extensions are in shipping right now. Bassically it has all of the bolt-on upgrades. I know I'm asking alot of questions, the sled is at the cabin and I wanted to have my "stuff" a little dialed in before going up for the work. I do appriciate any advice.

motomike450r

Reaction score
Some parts arrived today, 9" riser, pivot adapter, cable and brake extensions. I'll post pics of my little project. Removed the seat and only took one pic so I'll post it with some more later. Who knows, maybe I'll screw up something real good and make it entertaining.:d:d
Catmandoo, I might need to take you up on that offer, might be a long trip for Utah 3.2% bbeer though....

Last edited:

motomike450r

Reaction score
So assuming I can get the pics to upload, I have made some progress on my sled project. What a tease! won't let m post the finished pics from here(using my phone as my modem) I'll post tthe rest tomorrow....

Attachments

• snowmobile mods 005.jpg
    snowmobile mods 005.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 34
  • snowmobile mods 003.jpg
    snowmobile mods 003.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 32
  • snowmobile mods 006.jpg
    snowmobile mods 006.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 31
  • snowmobile mods 009.jpg
    snowmobile mods 009.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

motomike450r

Reaction score
Here is the finished seat project. Next week: handlebar riser, this is when something could go really wrong.:d

Attachments

• mm700 mods 001 (Small).jpg
    mm700 mods 001 (Small).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 36
  • mm700 mods 002 (Small).jpg
    mm700 mods 002 (Small).jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 37
  • mm700 mods 003 (Small).jpg
    mm700 mods 003 (Small).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 38
  • mm700 mods 004 (Small).jpg
    mm700 mods 004 (Small).jpg