Model T Race World Record Time!!!!!

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just because so many of ya were asking about my signature line, I finally found the video of the record time!!!!

Here's the deal, we take a model T commercial vehicle, a stripped down model T version used for utility work. We take it appart into pieces and then race to see how fast we can put it together and the clock doesn't stop until the car is running!

Some of the jobs needed to be done: Lift motor and tranny onto frame and bolt that in, install wheels/hubs to axle, mount rear suspension, radiator, front suspension, mount wishbone, mount axle into tranny(hard part), front cab/cowel, steering, hook up all electricals, fluid lines like gas lines, radiator, steering linkage, seat, etc.......

The fastest time before this one was 3 minutes 42 seconds set back in 1999, we did it in 3 minutes 17seconds!!!!!

We are currently working on a possible showing on Jay Leno's new show, and also working on an official time trial with Guiness World Records.

(FYI: I am the guy with the tan hat on...)

ENJOY!!!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Awesome.... So that is how its done..... You've talked about it in the pw thread.... Glad you found the vid...... Thanks for posting that...... Very cool!!! YOU'RE LIKE THE LITTLEST GUY THERE - SOME BIG BOYS BUILDING THAT THING.

Last edited:

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, I'm the same size as the other guy who lifts the engine and tranny at once, only heavy thing I do really is lift the rearend/axle/suspension, the frame twice, and the cowel (which is also a full gas tank, gravity fed more gas the better flow once we hook the fuel lines up). A few of the older guys who do it usually just dothe technical stuff for it, tedious jobs....

And ya, the really big guy that lifts the engine is my buddy Jrodan, complained the other day about his back hurting, said he lifted a block for a V8 by himself!!!!!:eek::eek:

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool vid..
I have a couple of complete old T's in the shed..
when I go to restore them I will give you guys a call !!

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, sorry....
my dad although he is now 87 would have my left one !!
They were actually my grandfathers...
pics please!!! Love old iron and its simplicity, let me know if ya need any info restoring them, got all kinds of info for ya....

Would be so much fun to see a classic snowmobile build!!!! hahaha

brucehiscott

Reaction score
thats pretty cool stuff, you guys ever do any other cars? I guess the newer ones would take abit longer, but maybe a hi-boy.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats pretty cool stuff, you guys ever do any other cars? I guess the newer ones would take abit longer, but maybe a hi-boy.
We have many cars in our club, but that is the one we use to race with. It is the most stripped down, bare essentials car you can find, 1926 I think the car was born, he might even say it in the video...

It is modified specially for us, rare 1925 race carbs to increase air flow and fuel delivery to help start on first crank, oil system is plugged with no oil filter, and a few other top secret tricks we use to increase time :D

index

That is a link to our club site with some of the cars in our club, here are mine:

DSC00008.jpg

And yes, I love hi-boys, very close to what we built, I would love a '32 Ford with a flathead......:beer:

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rob If you make it on the Jay Leno show...
you will have to mention Snow and Mud.....
Haha, if I make it on I will slap stickers of a lot of places all over me, I will look like a Nascar out there......:beer:

Top Bottom