Mmsports front bumper for proclimb

Redrock Kustoms

Reaction score
I have a few bumpers coming in for proclimbs, one is not spoken for the price is 360.00 The bumpers are mmsports

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why are all these bumpers so expensive?? there are ones on ebay for less than half that with shipping.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's pretty ridiculous what they charge if u ask me. My buddy bought this bumper off mmsports at the sled show. It's nice, but it's not worth the 400$ or whatever it was that he paid for it. Doesn't cost that much to tig a few pieces of bent aluminum together..... Not trying to insult the guys promoting the bumper just my opinion...

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree with you more!!!! If a company wanted to sell a pile of bumpers, cut the price down. Just cuz one brand put theres up for $360 doesn't mean they all have to be priced that way. its rediclulous.

charlie99

Reaction score
You have to pay to play is the way i think of it. Look how much a simple can sells for, you can buy a exhaust system for a truck for not much more. 8000 dollar turbo kits for sleds. 8g into a truck that thing will have some serious power, smaller market means higher prices to make it worth while for suppliers.
just my thoughts.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying about the smaller market thing... But in reality, if I started up a company right now selling bumpers for sleds. I'm gonna look around at other companies, see theirs advertised for 360$, well I'm gonna slash that in half. Aluminum tubing and a pipe bender doesn't cost that much... So maybe if I make 80$ per bumper over and above what it cost to make the bumper, and it's a kickass bumper, I know it's gonna sell like hot cakes mainly cuz everyone doesn't wanna pay the ridiculous amount for other types. See what I'm getting at? Lower cost, higher sales. It'll end up being worth it in the long term. That's like boards, I just bought skinz airframe boards for my proclimb, looked at them this morning and thought to myself, I just paid 600$ for this and I could easily make it myself if I had the necessary tools to do so. If those boards were 300$ everyone would buy them. I think the term "you have to pay to play" is ridiculous. Why throw money away when there's a cheaper alternative that does the same job? Same with turbos, it's all a fuel controller, piping, turbo and injectors. Yet a silber turbo is 3500$ and twisted is 6000$. Paying for the name. Anyways. This response is wayyyyy off topic. I get worked up on these conversations lol....

charlie99

Reaction score
Totally agree with you, but it is a special market where people generally will pay more to have what they think they need.

Redrock Kustoms

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying about the smaller market thing... But in reality, if I started up a company right now selling bumpers for sleds. I'm gonna look around at other companies, see theirs advertised for 360$, well I'm gonna slash that in half. Aluminum tubing and a pipe bender doesn't cost that much... So maybe if I make 80$ per bumper over and above what it cost to make the bumper, and it's a kickass bumper, I know it's gonna sell like hot cakes mainly cuz everyone doesn't wanna pay the ridiculous amount for other types. See what I'm getting at? Lower cost, higher sales. It'll end up being worth it in the long term. That's like boards, I just bought skinz airframe boards for my proclimb, looked at them this morning and thought to myself, I just paid 600$ for this and I could easily make it myself if I had the necessary tools to do so. If those boards were 300$ everyone would buy them. I think the term "you have to pay to play" is ridiculous. Why throw money away when there's a cheaper alternative that does the same job? Same with turbos, it's all a fuel controller, piping, turbo and injectors. Yet a silber turbo is 3500$ and twisted is 6000$. Paying for the name. Anyways. This response is wayyyyy off topic. I get worked up on these conversations lol....
Everyone can agree I'm sure that things are over priced but that's what it costs eg. If you have one guy buying the material, then have him cut it, bend it, clean it, weld it, and someone paint it. What should those guys get paid? How much time is involved? Hours...Now you have to sell it but don't make to many because if your stuck with them you won't profit at all, you loose it all.. Now theres a risk involved. Mountain snow mobile market is not that big of a market but we all do what we can... Hey I'd love to make 25% profit or more on products but the reality of it is 10-15% is all a guy can manage after shipping etc. And if I didn't love the sport and believe in the product I wouldn't touch it.. Regarding these particular bumpers I could try to sell them for 400.00 but I'm not. If someone wants one pm me. Cheers

Last edited:

hmmc

Reaction score

It would be nice to have a business plan where you can sell things for 1/2 price and it all works. Did you factor in the cost of the tig welder, saw, welder to put it together, rent for the building or payment if he owns the shop, taxes, power, heat, wcb, insurance, fuel, gas for the tig, bottle rental or lease for the tig I could go on for a while. It all looks good on paper or when you stay late at the shop where you work and and use all this for free. The fact of the mater is it cost money to run a business and time build quality products. This results in the prices you see and pay. We all have the option to buy one copy it in China and sell it back here, then again why would you copy some other small business owners idea. You just said you could start a business building bumpers so I can't wait to see you new and improved bumper and air frame running board made in Canada or the US for half price. Signed a small business owner

Redrock Kustoms

Reaction score
It would be nice to have a business plan where you can sell things for 1/2 price and it all works. Did you factor in the cost of the tig welder, saw, welder to put it together, rent for the building or payment if he owns the shop, taxes, power, heat, wcb, insurance, fuel, gas for the tig, bottle rental or lease for the tig I could go on for a while. It all looks good on paper or when you stay late at the shop where you work and and use all this for free. The fact of the mater is it cost money to run a business and time build quality products. This results in the prices you see and pay. We all have the option to buy one copy it in China and sell it back here, then again why would you copy some other small business owners idea. You just said you could start a business building bumpers so I can't wait to see you new and improved bumper and air frame running board made in Canada or the US for half price. Signed a small business owner

100 percent....

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got my cat heavy duty bumper and a premium cat tarp for $370 off ebay. can't justify spending $360 on just a bumper.

Redrock Kustoms

Reaction score
right on! but you get what you pay for.. cat bumper not in the same category as mmsports zbros or modrods bumpers. big advocate of skinz covers all I'll use or sell.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
right on! but you get what you pay for.. cat bumper not in the same category as mmsports zbros or modrods bumpers. big advocate of skinz covers all I'll use or sell.

I looked at the modrods and zbros and they are all the same. I like the zbros because it has the skid plate built on to it. the cat bumper looks and feels like a good solid product and its definitely in the same category as the others. As for the tarps, i had a skinz tarp for an 05 rev and it was an awesome product and i also have the premium tarp for my 09 M8 which hasn't faded or ripped. Do i want to buy stuff out of the states?? No. would I like to support small businesses?? Yes but i can't justify paying the outrageous prices for most things.

Bigastrk

Reaction score
What I would like to know is. How will something like this perform if one encounters a 6" tree? I did just this thing yesterday and to tell you the truth the cat bumper took the majority of the hit and tore off the mounts at the bulkhead. Now there is a lot of plastic damage but the main thing I am worried about is a heavier duty bumper bending the bulkhead on an impact.

Now I don't plan on doing this again but sometimes stuff happens. So has anyone seen these in action so to speak and what kind of damage? Did it give a bit or did it bend critical parts?

Top Bottom