mixing oil in gas

doober

Reaction score
2014 rmk assault 800, all stock but a jaws can, i have read about mixing oil in my gas, but not sure how much to add? I vented my cap already, poked a couple holes in the underside of it, havent turned up my oiler yet as im unsure how to measure my usage, sled has about 650 miles in it and runs great. Thanks for any info.

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to crank up oilers on sleds before about 2005 . wouldn't think you need to do it with newer machines ?

doober

Reaction score
Apparantly you should do it on the polaris machines, ive read a few things on it, but since i vented the cap i may or may not need to do it

Prototype

Reaction score
Adding oil to the gas does nothing for the engine. Only gets to the upper cylinder. Vent your cap and turn up the oiler.

CLVTCH

Reaction score
Take hood and side panels off, then use this video to show you where the adjustment screw is:

https://youtu.be/lFjLN-YqGk0

I did not need to take off the secondary or move the oil tank to do this, I used long wrenches and a long flat head screwdriver.

Is there a post on what you do to vent the cap? Where & how do you turn up the oiler?

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
I hAVE a 2014 Pro 800 and I run non ethanol premium and have just about 1k on it and I dont plan on venting my cap or turning up my oiler and I have
the 3 year warranty on it. If I vented my cap I would lose oil when rolling my sled and dont want that to happen either. Could be totally wrong yet
my dealer in CO hasnt recommened anything other than normal maintenance.

Last edited:

doober

Reaction score
You vent the oil cap, not the gas cap..not going to lose much gas from there ;) from what i have read you might lose a drop or 2 of oil oit of the oil cap if it sits on its side for a while.before tuening up my oiler shoulsnt i measure my usage? How do i do that? I know rule of thumb is to turn it up 3 turns correct?

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, measure your usage. Fill both fuel/oil, run the tank of fuel out. Refill both and measure, calculate ratio. Should be ~40:1.
Either vent oil tank/cap or turn oiler up, shouldn't need both. I had to turn my oiler down when I vented the tank, started using way more oil.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't vent my cap, vented the tank.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few options, skidoo used to use a tank vent, paaso racing and northstarick offered them. I bought mine from passo racing.

If you Google 'Polaris tank vent', you should come up with something, otherwise I would have to go get a pic.

Last edited:

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics:

03406aa321436bbca42111b8d9f12af9.jpg
34984a8c17df3040466ce3aebe58b37b.jpg

Top Bottom