Missing Sledder_Sandy Beach-ICE

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Missing rider-Sandy Beach-ICE

Just read RCMP looking for missing rider,apparently went out on the ice at Sandy Beach. Lets hope they are successful. Not the way anyone wants to celebrate Thanks Giving or any day for that matter.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Missing rider

I just dont understand some people ......a child could tell you that the ice is NO WHERE near safe to ride on. Its just plain stupidity if you tell me. Why in gods name would some want to ride on the lake in the first place, ok i can understand firing up the sled and doin a pass or two on the grass when theres a bit of snow i get that its the sledin bug I UNDERSTAND i want nothing more then to ride. It just burns me when some idiot (very sry i do not mean to offend any friends or family) goes out and makes us all look like a bunch of stupid jack asses. Like come on some people need to put the beer down and just for ONE second asses the situation maybe think "oh ok thats a dumb idea maybe i should go with option B"

Just blowin off some steam here guys but theres got to be a few of you out there that agree with me.....

PLAIN AND SIMPLE ITS TOO SENSENLESS AND IDIOTIC FOR SNOWMOBILERS TO BE DYING ESPECIALLY FROM DROWNING BECAUSE THEY WERE ON ICE IN OCT. what if he was taking a child for a ride, I urge you to please SMACK anyone who appears stupid enough to risk there life via stupid decisions.

thanks now im goin to take 2 of these:beer::beer: and calm down a bit

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
Re: Snowmobiler Dead?

I hate to say it but here is another example of Darwin's theory... I don't know what people are thinking!

RIP and thoughts and prayers to the family... 1 stupid decision causes so much pain for the family!

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I know were all itchy to get out sledding for another year, but let common sense prevail - that's my two sense!

muskegman

Reaction score

It's a crying shame when someone gets hurt over that type of thing but it's no use throwing blame around. Our hearts go out to this riders family and we hope that he is found safe. Other sledheads pay attention and have a safe winter!

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I saw this on the news last night. I feel sorry for the family.
The first thing I thought was WTF? A tragic lack of sound judgement to sled on a lake in early October. The small neighbourhood storm pond just covered over with ice on Saturday night and I am sure the Canada geese will break through it.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

my freaking boat is still on the water and this guy is sledding on the lake!!!!!

Guess it may be time to pull the boat.....

Condolances to the family....

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I just watched the news, and still no sledder or sled. :(

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Saw this on the news tonite and the father mentioned that he just lost his 20 years old nephew in a quadding accident this summer. Sad, sad, some things are preventable.

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

just got back from sandy lake. search party still has not found sled or body. the water is only a few feet deep but the muck on the bottom is deep.

Top Bottom